Tuesday, March 25, 2014

     It has been another lovely week.  The weather has been so nice and things are warming up.  I am starting to smell the stinky purple flowers and I love it.  Spring seems to be here and it makes me way happy.
     We have been busy this week.  Ryan is doing everything he can to help his Dad prepare for the BLM.  They plan on gathering all of Cliven's cattle in the coming weeks.  This makes me want to cry and I must admit that I have been seeking out anything to divert my attention in the evenings.  Reality just makes me too sad.  I have been reading, or listening to an ipod.  Really, I am glad that Ryan is better focused on getting things done.  We did spend some time in the office this week.  Chlo was hesitant to go to the office and I was interested to hear her reasons why.  She explained that Ryan's office is haunted.  This theory made me laugh out loud because Ryan's office isn't your typical haunted spot.  His office is new, and has modern computers and desks etc.  I must admit that the kids have spent quite a bit of time there, and I am sure that they haunted the place in their little brains for entertainment purposes.  Chlo was convinced that the place was haunted with many ghosts and monsters and "old computers."  She explained that Jack the Ripper was on the loose in the office still.  This really made me raise my eyebrows.  Jack the Ripper?????? How in the world is Chlo even aware of Jack the Ripper?  She told me that Jerusha had told her all about him.  Of course, Jerusha denied the whole thing.  In fact, none of them really seemed to know any facts about Jack the Ripper which was kind of a relief.  The true story behind Jack the Ripper is pretty ghastly.  I calmly tried to explain to Chlo that Jack the Ripper terrorized the streets of England and was long since dead.  She didn't seem to be convinced.  No, according to Chlo, Jack the Ripper is haunting Ryan's office.  Luckily, she doesn't have to spend a whole lot of time there.  In fact, they usually demolish the office in a matter of seconds and so we try to keep them out of there.
     Mo has been on quite the tirade this week.  He gets up early, insists on getting his coat on because he wants Ryan to take him down to feed the horse.  If this all does not happen, he hounds me all day.  "Dad, gluck, hoise, glack.  (Dad, truck, horse needs water.)  I finally told Ryan that he might as well just take him down to feed the horse every morning so that Mo can settle down and enjoy the rest of his day.  It works too.  We tried to take him one morning in the van though because we had errands to run...oh no, this was not okay in Mo's eyes.  He has to have Oak's coat and cowboy hat on, they have to go in the toyota, and Ryan is the only other person allowed on these excursions.  Any old errand won't do.  He has all kinds of expectations.  The horse has been grazing in a pasture and really requires no maintenance too.  Oh well, try telling that to Mo.
     On Saturdee I came in the house to find Chlo bawling her little eyes out.  It sounded like she had been bawling for quite some time because it was really only engine type noises at this point.  I started tearing into cleaning the kitchen, but the bawling went on and on.  Finally I asked her what kind of problems she was having. She struggled to explain, but told me that all she really wanted was to draw a cookie.  No one would let her use a notepad to accomplish her desires.  Ryan heard only the "cookie" part and agreed that he would also like a batch of cookies.  I explained that I had no cookies, and that Chlo was bawling because her wishes to draw a cookie were unfulfilled.  I finally just hollered that she was being ridiculous, there were numerous ways to draw a cookie, and that we had plenty of resources to make it happen.  Whew....if Chlo ever has a real hardship, I am unsure of how she will handle it.  She is currently spending a few days at Grandma and Grandpa H's.  She will receive all kinds of spoiling and one-on-one time which is probably what she needs.  Just a little extra attention.
     Yesterday was sheer fiasco with Mo.  I have come to realize that a single object or two can completely ruin Shrsh.  If I am not careful about what goes into the diaper bag, we can face some serious regrets when it is time to be reverent.  Last Sunday for Confernce I was way prepared with hand selected items for Mo.  The only problem arose because I had fished some of these toys out of his bath.  They left little wet drips on everything.  Anyhow, this week, we took the same bag, but Oak got his hands on a little matchbox car.  Mo plays quietly and respectfully with cars, but Oak went up to the bottom of the pulpit, and drove up the pulpit until Ryan noticed and whispered some scary threats.  Really Oak?  This is another reason why Ryan and I disagree about the front row.  I hate it, but somehow he always gets in ahead of me and parks the family on the front row.  We have a nice High Councilman speaking on the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy, and we have Oak racing his car up the pulpit underneath him.  The matchbox car was huge regret number one.  Jams took Mo out during the last speaker.  He had done really well until then.  Anyhow, she took him into the cultural hall, and someone had left a bunch of balloons in there.  I am sure that someone had actually lost a batch of balloons on the ceiling because most of them were still up there.  However, Mo was able to grab one that was floating near the ground.  This stupid balloon caused problems...all kinds of problems. 
     My true feelings about balloons are not good.  They always end in misery.  They either pop, or float away.  This doesn't stop Mo from being a true balloon lover.  Once he got his hands on this balloon, he was not about to let go of it.  Anyhow, he refused to go to nursery.  I am not sure if he just wasn't up for other kids wanting to play with the balloon, or what.  Ryan claims that he refused to cross the threshold into the nursery room, and that his landing gear would not go down.  When Mo doesn't want to be put down he lifts his legs up higher and higher.  Anyhow, this put him in class with us with the silly balloon.  He would let go of it, and it just had enough float left that it would hover around our heads. There were also issues because there was another balloon stuck to the ceiling and Mo spotted it.  He was making all kinds of demands of Ryan to get it for him.  This of course, could not happen without a scissor lift of some sort. It became such a distraction that Ryan finally took him out.  Somehow in the hall he ran into Rooshkie who was more than eager to take him to class with her.  I would never have agreed to this, but Ryan came back into class without the Mo-ster and I just assumed that he had finally settled down in the nursery. 
     I was enjoying myself and talking to some friendly people in the hall when Rooshkie and Mo spotted me.  Mo wanted his mom.  I took him and tried taking him to nursery again, but he refused to even enter the room.  This put me hanging with Mo, and his balloon which kept bonking me in the head.  My hair ended up standing on end and all static-y thanks to the balloon.  Mo would also sit and slobber all over the ribbon that was attached to the balloon and flip slobber all over me.  He also kept insisting on a truck every 2 seconds.  Relief Society was out of the question after several attempts.
     Our next problem arose when he thought of Sassy down at the ranch.  He insisted that I go and get Sassy a drink of water (glack for Sassy).  At first, I thought that he wanted a drink.  I took him into the kitchen in the shrsh and got him a nice glass of water.  Oh no, he wanted me to go with him to feed and water Sassy.  I finally explained that Sassy wasn't at the shrsh...that she was several hours away and that Stetsy was always good to see to her needs.  This seemed to satisfy him for a minute, but he mentioned her several more times during the day. 
     When we got home, the balloon popped and I was so glad.  Chlo was wanting it badly, and Mo refused to even let anyone else touch it.  He got really difficult when a package of skittles was found and he would scream and bawl every time someone took one.  I told all the kids to eat as many as they wanted because I was not going to allow him to act like he was.  He bawled and bawled and finally quit when no one would listen to him or pay him any attention.
     My mom sent us a nice picture of herself with Chlo and Maddy.  Chlo has some nice "hello kitty" sunglasses on.  Mo got all excited about the picture of "Bump Bump" and "Bean."  Bump Bump?  He would point at Grandma and say "Bump Bump!"  Sage and I laughed and laughed at this new nickname.  My mom has had many over the years, but never one from Mo.  He called me Bob for quite awhile too.  He also still calls all of the girls Jazzerz except for Bean.  Anyhow, I should have known that he would come up with something interesting for Grandma.
     This week I have been so nervous about so many things.  I have been praying and wondering if Heavenly Father is listening.  Sometimes I get so impatient waiting for answers.  We tried to buy a house last month...after praying and hoping for years that we could get out of town, and everything...EVERYTHING went wrong.  It all fell through.  We had everything arranged...finally after a lot of research and scrambling, and someone quickly paid cash for the place before we could get an offer back in.  I seriously cried.  It seemed so perfect and an answer to all of those many prayers.   Now what?  Our home is still for sale and people are looking at it often, but I don't want to sell it until we find somewhere else to go.  The problem is nothing looks as good as the other place we wanted.  This and many other prayers of mine seem to be on hold.  I get nervous and sometimes very impatient.  Well, we had a horrible incident occur that reminded me that where it really counts, my Heavenly Father helps me. 
     Jamie, Sage and I were loading up some corral panels into the horse trailer for Ryan.  He, the horse, and a lot of tools and equipment were heading south this week so that Ryan can help his Dad.  We had the horse tied to a squeeze chute while we loaded the panels and Mo was running around the pasture.  I was watching him pretty close, but he had wandered into a trailer that Ryan keeps some concrete tools in.  I kept watching for him to come out, but felt that he was actually pretty safe in the trailer.  The tools in there weren't sharp or dangerous, and I didn't completely trust him around the horse.  Well, he somehow slipped out and wandered over by the horse without my knowledge.  Part of my view was blocked by the squeeze chute.  Well, before I knew what was going on, the horse was raring up and stomping and Mo was bawling on the ground.  I panicked and screamed, and Sage ran over and grabbed him before the horse could kick him.  I was just shaking I was so upset.  Well, somehow he came out of the whole incident with a little bruise on his nose...that is it.  It scared him, and he cried for a minute, but I just realized that things could have been so horribly bad.  I knew and felt that Heavenly Father is there...he is always there and I just need to recognize his help when it comes.  As horrible as the incident was, and it makes me sick to think about what could have happened...it did a lot to boost my faith in a time when I desperately needed it.

 Mo with his Dad and the horse
 Jazzerz sitting in a blindfold because she wanted to be surprised at Wam's nail art
Mo's rice and stir fry dinner...seriously four mile radius mess
Chlo made herself a nice soft bed out of styrofoam pieces
    

No comments:

Post a Comment