Saturday, February 23, 2019

    Quite the week to say the least.  Jamie flew out on Wednesday and made it to Philadelphia PA.  I can easily follow her google photos and kinda tell what is going on.  You cannot be a good mom without being somewhat of a good detective ha ha.  Anyhow, she arrived, I received an email from the mission home, and I was able to talk to her as she sat in the Salt Lake Airport waiting for her flight to leave.  It was awesome.  From what I gather from her photos, her companion is a Sister Johnson?  maybe...the tag is blurry and she is in Palmerton PA.  Small town, population in the mid 5,000 range, and it looks cold, and snowy.  She isn't far from the coast and so I imagine that the humidity brings a real chill.  I am hoping she can get a good coat and boots in her area, and if not then I will order her some. The call from Salt Lake was only made possible because of Rooshkie.  Jamie wants to communicate on google hangouts and I just don't get it.  I literally had to facetime with Jerusha at school so she could walk me through it.  Whoever her teacher was, let her out of class to facetime with me, even though phones are technically not allowed in class...I owe that teacher big time.
    Cache flew out Tuesday morning, and I see a picture of them saying goodbye with a nice handshake.  He took pretty good care of her in the MTC, by passing her chocolates and notes.  I am sure she is really missing him now, but thank goodness she is tough.  Tough is what she is just going to have to be.  There was also a picture of her with Resha Bunker from Bunkerville.  Very significant picture because it was Resha's ancestor Grandpa, that baptized Abraham Bundy...Jamie's ancestor Grandpa.  Not to mention that Bob Bunker (Resha's dad) was my hometeacher during Ryan's incarceration and he took great care of our family.  He went above and beyond what a home teacher normally does.  He fixed tires, sharpened knives, hauled off broken furniture, fixed my computer, and hung my front door on our home.  I seriously could go on and on.  Love the Bunker family.  Cache's companion is an Elder Woods from Wyoming, and I kinda think Sage should write him.  That is all I will say about that ha ha!
     So, everyone lost their minds this week because our valley actually got some snow.  Being somewhat a snow snob from Utah, I was kinda not as excited as I probs should have been.  It was maybe an inch of slush.  Anyhow, I know it is rare so my attitude should change.  Oak went right out in his swimming trunks and made a snow angel.  Mo went to go follow suit, but he had just gotten dressed for school, and it was seriously slush...I told him no unless he put swimming trunks on too.  It took me quite a while to talk Mo into wearing some pants without holes in the knees.  He agreed to wear pants without holes because he didn't want to get snow on his knees.  Needless to say that I probably should have let him live in the moment and enjoyed a snow angel.  Oak made sure that he pelted everyone with snowballs at the bus stop before they could come up with the "no throwing snowballs" rule.  The evening the storm hit, we actually built a roaring fire in the fireplace.  Oak and his friend placed a golf ball in the flames for whatever reason.  They were trying to be sneaky about it, but that was impossible because the fumes that were coming off of that thing were as pungent as anything I have ever smelled.  It was so bad our eyes were going to water.  WHY???  I ask myself that so many times where Oak is concerned.  Anyhow, Sage sluffed school to make a snowman, and the snow only lasted a few hours before it turned to rain.  However, school was cancelled the next day.  It made zero sense because the day they canceled school, it wasn't particularly cold, the roads were dry, and there was zero snow left.  Mo invited a friend over, and they had gun battles in the living room all day long. 
     FFA sweethearts was also this week.  Sage was told that she had to participate because she is the FFA president this year.  She was quite crabby for having to participate.  This meant that we had to do a poster, cupcakes, talent, and she needed to do interview questions.  Jamie did this competition last year, and I learned a ton.  It is unfortunate that Jamie has to be the guinea pig.  We always learn from her and do better at stuff the second time around.
     Sags and I came up with some brilliant ideas for her poster.  It fit with the theme perfectly, and it all just fell into place.  I cannot tell you how rare that is.  She won the poster competition.  Cupcakes would have been next if school had not been canceled.  We baked for two afternoons trying to come up with the perfect cupcake and we might not even have to do them.  We can only hope anyway.  We made a decent cookie dough cupcake and Sags made a pina colada cupcake that was really good actually.  Results of the contest should happen next week, but last year the girl that won spoke about the importance of PETA and environmentalism, and Sags probs doesn't have much of a chance.  Her last name is Bundy and all. 
     Dill's emotions have been all over the board this week.  I know she is missing Jamie and Cache because she points out all of the locations around town where they had some fun.  Those two did take her everywhere.  When snow hit the mountains she longed to go back up there and build a snowman like they did last time.  She wondered out loud why Cache had been gone 10 years.  Yeah....he has been gone about three weeks so we are in for it.  These scattered emotions have led to some interesting outbursts.  She bawled and bawled when I brought a Walmart pizza home one night because it had cheese on it, and she "doesn't like that kind that has cheese."  What?  I am not even sure that you can purchase a pizza without cheese, but I guess its possible.  I know we never have.  She went crying to her dad and threw herself in his arms and sobbed on his shoulder for a while.  Then she returned to the kitchen and ate a piece of pizza.  Obviously, she had a change of heart over that one. 
     We also had the unfortunate situation of Chloee accidentally letting the pigs out of their pen right before school one morning.  That was a fiasco in the highest proportions.  We still have much to learn about guiding pigs around, but the worst part was all of Chloee's bawling and all of Oak's guilt trips that he was giving her.  Oh my heck...Chloee bawled and bawled and wanted to quit.  Because the pigs got out?? Please, they didn't even make it to the veterinary parking lot this time like they did last year.  So yeah... a minor pain, but we dealt with it, and even made it to school on time, though Mo's hair looked like it was sticking up for him that day. 
     Also, I made the mistake of letting her listen to a Mr. Nightmare one day as I was working on something.  They are really just narrated Reddit posts, and if I remember right this one was about dogs that came to their master's rescue.  Not particularly scary in my book, but I regretted it when she didn't even dare go to the bathroom by herself later that day.  In her words, everything was "creeping her out."
     Also, Dill got on my phone and somehow made a few videos of herself and posted them on Jamie's instagram account.  That'll make for good conversation later.















No comments:

Post a Comment