Tuesday, May 21, 2019

     Tons to update.  We are winding down in the school year, which is extremely difficult to believe.  It seems like we just started, and here we are with two days left.  Sage also graduates on Friday.  It is unreal, and I would be lying if I said that I had not been bawling and crying about the fact that she is going to be finishing school, and of course I miss Jamie every day.  Crying is just something I do often, and no one really seems surprised or shocked by it at all any more. 
     We had Mother's day last week, and it was a great one.  Ryan took me to dinner at the Casa because he likes their seafood, and I like their steaks.  He also had picked a bunch of flowers down by the river for Sage to make an arrangement with.  He had picked cactus flowers even, which is a difficult task.  Sags had gone down by the sewer ponds and grabbed some oleanders as well ha ha!  my girl is very resourceful and talented, and the arrangement turned out beautifully.  Mo, Dill, and Chlo gave me some very nice homemade cards and trinkets.  The youth and primary children sang a song entitled, "you are enough" and it was so beautifully done.  I bawled through the whole thing (big shocker there).  The ward passed out a cookie that was stuffed with a marshmallow and dipped in chocolate...one of the best treats ever.  The best part was talking to our Sister Bundy for several hours at the ranch with Grandma and Grandpa.  She is doing well, and it was good to catch up with her, and hear about how she is doing.  I love my kids and husband.  They were very good to me on Mothers day. 
     Ryan asked Dill the other night who her favorite Daddy was...she told him that Mom was her favorite Dad.  I am not even sure how that even makes any sense.  She also asked him yesterday, if he loved her or mom more.  He explained that he did love her very much, but that he loved mom most of all.  She is really coming up with some deep thoughts.  Right now she has lego fangs and is being a vampire.  She steps out of the house every few minutes with the intent on scaring the dog.  She claims that it is working because the dog doesn't even recognize her in her vampire costume.  The one downer is that she is missing a tooth in the front, and vampires really need their teeth.  It is a good thing that we have legos to make up for the lost tooth.
     Mo and Chlo spent a bulk of their evening the other night pounding stakes into the ground for whatever reason.  They dug a large hole in the lawn where the dog likes to dig, and then pounded a bunch of stakes.  I realize this makes zero sense, but hey, at least it kept them busy.

    Mo and Dill struggled with reverence this week in shrsh.  Dill is also hitting that stage where she is wanting to wear nothing but underwear for the most part.  At church she began getting that urge to strip because her dress was "spiky".  I cannot tell you how much like Sage that girl really is.  It is almost like deja vu.  Sage used to remove her tights if the seam did not line up across her toes quite right.  She would complain that they were "wiggly and jiggly" and off they would come.  Often Dill removes her clothes, because she wants to play in a blanket, and having clothes on makes her feel "too soft".  She complained about her quesadilla the other day because she claimed it tasted like "dirt."  This reminds me of Sage refusing toast that was "sad".  Sage would also tell me that things tasted like dirt if anything was even remotely moldy.  Yes...I am raising Sags all over again.
     Speaking of Sage, it is time to brag about her a bit.  She had awards ceremony last week, and she walked away with a ton of awards.  She is graduating Salutatorian (they gypped her valedictorian status because of one measly class that the high school labeled an AP class, but the district disputed)  She got an award for her grade point average, the honor roll, she was awarded the FFA award, the English department award, and the yearbook commitee.  She has excelled in academics, and deserved every award she got.  I saw first hand all of the hard work, late nights, early mornings etc.  She also refused to do homework on Sundays.  The Lord truly did bless her for her dedication.
     Sunday evening was seminary graduation, and she was released from the seminary council.  She will also be speaking in her high school graduation this weekend.
     Yesterday Sage turned 18.  It is hard to believe.  She and I took Jaylee Whipple with us and we spent the day in St George.  We went to the temple and did baptisms first.  I had not participated in baptisms for probably twenty years.  It was awesome.  We then went to lunch and bought some much needed items for Saggers wardrobe.  We also got to talk with Jamie yesterday evening.  We all kinda needed her strength and light.  It was a blessing. 
     Sage had asked for pasta with alfredo sauce for dinner last night.  Really, a simple request that should have been a simple undertaking.  Just as I was about ready to serve the family ( and it was late because of our phone call with Jamie)  Jerusha inquired if I had really cleaned the pan that I was using.  She explained that she and Ryan had used that pan to catch some anti-freeze in. They are working on fixing up a truck for her. I just did not want the riskthere was even a drop of antifreeze in myfood.  So, I had to start that portion of dinner over.  Sometimes I cannot help but wonder why the heck.  Why was my pan utilized for such a thing?  Whose idea was that one?  Who's idea was it just to stick the antifreeze pan in the sink??? Oh my heck that one could have killed us.  I had rinsed and cleaned the pan as a precaution, but I did not know that it had antifreeze, and so I wasn't really confident in my cleaning.  Anyhow, we just have to have a sense of humor about this stuff. 
    Jamie got a new companion this week, and absolutely loves her.  They get along really well, and she feels like she is finally getting the hang of things.  Her new companion is Sister Christensen from Riverton I believe...maybe it is West Jordan, but kinda same thing.  We all prayed and fasted she would get someone she worked well with.  I am so grateful those prayers were answered.  Cache was also made a district leader this past week.  I just love my missionaries.












   

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete