Monday, August 19, 2013

     It has been interesting lately that my children keep sustaining self-inflicted injuries.  We got home from Shrsh yesterday, and I noticed that Oak had a huge, black goose egg on top of his head.  I asked him about it, and he explained that he had gotten that bump on purpose.  What????  I asked him why he would purposefully whack himself in the head.  He explained that he hadn't cried and that he had bumped his head on purpose.  I finally looked at his sisters because I was hoping that they had noticed how he had gotten the bump during primary.  Jazz nonchalantly explained that he had been clanking around the halls with his eyes closed, and had ran right into the door that leads to opening excercises.  I don't think he necessarily set out to get a huge bump, but he was fine with the fact that he got one.  Walking around with your eyes closed makes it all worth it, apparently.
     Jazzerz got hurt yesterday by sticking her behind and legs up in the air, and then leaning upside down on the edge of the couch.  She somehow flipped off and bumped her head.  This injury was not intentional and she bawled and bawled.  Ryan rocked her in the chair until she calmed down.
     Chlo got zapped with a cattle hot shot this week too.  When Wamer's steer went down, the vet used a hot shot to get him on his feet.  He explained that when a cow goes down and refuses to get up, it gets necessary to make them get up.  Their legs go numb, and after awhile they can't get up even if they want to.  We purchased one, to help the steer, but Chlo got her hands on it, and zapped herself in the mouth, and on the nose.  She was really upset about this, and it would have hurt.  I felt bad for all of the odd injuries sustained.  Except for maybe Oak's, bump that he got on purpose.
     I have been slowly feeling better and better, but my house sure took a heavy hit when I got sick.  Someone dumped tang on the floor, and there were several ripe peaches pushed and smooshed into the carpet in various places.  Moroni scattered band-aids, bullets, nail shot, paper plates, matches, and ziplocs all over.  Unfortunately Ryan is under the gun and hasn't been able to help me get things back in order.  I am not complaining, because I am grateful that he has work.  Anyhow, if he pleases the General on these next two jobs, it will lead to a few more jobs.  He has been trying to fix tools, fix trucks, pick up tractors, and hire the right men to make things happen.  I am glad that he hasn't had to be stuck to the floor with me because the tang mess is probably the worst.  I will have to get the girls busy helping me this afternoon.  I entered Chloee's messy room last night.  Everyone else was slumbering, but she was sitting on her bed, in a tense sort of way.  I asked her why she wasn't sleeping.  She explained that she couldn't sleep because there had been a scorpion in her bed.  I was skeptical, and asked her to show me the scorpion.  She told me that Oak had removed it for her before he went to bed.  I asked Oak about it later, and he said it was an earwig, not a scorpion.  Anyhow, because of the scorpion, it took Chlo awhile to feel brave enough to go to bed. 
     Speaking of Chlo, she made an interesting observation the other day.  Grandma Val took her to McDonalds for her birthday, and purchased her a happy meal.  Chlo became quite offended at the happy meal box, and my mom could not understand why.  Well, it just so happened that the Smurfs were the theme of the box, and Chlo was ticked off that papa smurf was shirtless on there.  I mean how dare he?   On a happy meal box with nothing but a hat and pants???  This was just too much for Chlo to handle.  She ate the food, but wanted nothing to do with that horrible box.  It was only a few days later, that I found Chlo outside playing with Oak.  She was dressed in nothing but her Dora panties.  I thought that she was over her naked habits, but I was really busy, and so I assigned Jazzerz the task of taking some clothes outside to get her dressed.  I ran into Chlo later, and still, nothing but Dora underwear.  I immediately hollered at Jazz.  She calmly explained that she had taken Chloee a heavy winter coat to wear.  Hello Jazz!  It was probably in the mid-90's!  Jazz explained that it was big, and heavy, and covered Chlo's nakedness quite well.  Chlo obviously couldn't take the extreme heat in the heavy coat.  I am going to have to watch that Jazzerz.  Her ideas and mine have been clashing quite a bit lately.
     Speaking of Jazz, she hopped backwards all the way down the street to feed the steers.  Our friends, the Allred's were over on Saturdee, and Jaycee and I went down with the kids to feed.  I was being spacey because Jaycee and I were deep in conversation, but I found myself slightly annoyed and uncomfortable that Jazz was kind of in our face hopping backwards, and being careful not to hop on any cracks.  What a gal that Jazz is!
     Ryan and I have really struggled this week to spend any time alone together.  When I got sick, the kids all wanted to sleep with us, or on the floor.  I tried to sit by him in shrsh, but Chlo came and sat between us, and Rooshkie plopped herself across Ryan's lap.  Moroni bawls and bawls to be held by one of us non-stop too.  Anyhow, he has been wanting to discuss with me his schedule, and some of the things that have been stressing him out.  We went in our room and locked the door.  Luckily we were only talking when Chlo's head popped up outside our window.  She climbed onto our windowsill and explained that the kids were listening to a naughty song.  She came in the room and joined us.  We just had to laugh.  We love the kids, but wow, lately we cannot get alone no matter what. 
     Last night, the girls and I attended a really good fireside about the book of mormon.  Our stake has challenged the youth, and their parents to read the Book of Mormon on our own during the school year.  This got me really excited because my whole testimony is based on the Book of Mormon.  I know it is true.  I had a witness of it when I was seventeen that I simply cannot deny.  There is a power that comes into my life when I study it, and it has been a long time since I studied the Book of Mormon.  I have read it a lot, but I am looking forward to studying it.  I will be a better wife and mom if I do, and my girls will get testimonies of their own too.  I know they will need them.
     Anyhow, I hope this week goes better.  Oak started Kindergarten today and is way ready and excited.  I hope he has a great first day!  This will also force Chlo to grow up a little. I have already caught her painting Ryan's duct tape with nail polish today.  Not good. Ryan would have happily used red splashed duct tape, but she wouldn't sloshed it all over the carpet.  Yep, Chlo needs to grow up a little. We will hopefully avoid that offensive papa smurf, and have a great week!







 



No comments:

Post a Comment