Monday, October 21, 2013

     We had such a nice week off.  It was way nice to just buckle down and do house work instead of running kids all over the place.  
     We had a horrible accident last Sunday evening.  Arden and Jared were coming home from Orderville and wrecked above Hurricane.  Yep, those horrible scary cliffs above Hurricane.  We were so grateful that they were being protected because things could have ended horribly.  Arden escaped with some feet trouble and a broken leg.  Jared is worse with some back injuries and road rash, but considering where they wrecked they are way lucky. 
     We had a nice week.  The kids were able to catch up on some sleep, and they were a lot of help.  We didn't get as much done as I wanted, but we did get a lot done.  We got most of the wood stacked for the winter, and we picked up all of the beef that the girls raised over the summer.  My freezer is now stocked with really good meat, and for this I am so grateful.  I also came to appreciate Ryan because I ended up having to defrost and clean out the freezer.  He usually does this, but he worked way too many hours to deal with it.  It was a ton of work, but I am glad it is done.  
     Jerusha started some trend, where she was acting like some noble lady at dinner and lunch times.  She would speak in a proper English accent and sip and simper accordingly.  Mo, who usually ends up on the table acting like Animal from the Muppets, she held in great disdain.  He did not care either way.  One day she was trying to have a lofty and dignified conversation with Jazzerz who just happened to be drinking her milk through a funnel.  I did not believe that Jazzerz behavior fit into the proper behavior that Jerusha was trying to portray.  Poor Rooshkie, we are definitely not the royal type.
     We had a crazy weekend filled with too many events.  One of Ryan's cousins had a daughter get married, and we felt like we needed to be at that.  We love and enjoy seeing the Bundy relatives any time that we can.  Well, we decided to attend a Friday night open house.  The problem began that day because Wams had, of course waited until the last minute to build a roller coaster.  An assignment that she has been whining about for quite some time.  Anyhow, without Ryan's assistance, Jams and I were having struggles indeed.  We did finally figure it out in my rinky dink sort of way.  The roller coaster assignment took us most of the day to figure out.  This pushed us as being late in getting ready for the reception.  At one point I realized that every person in the family were waiting on me to do something for them.  Ryan had not eaten all day, and I was heating up dinner for him, Wams had requested some assistance with the back of her hair, Sags was having issues with her dress, Rooshkie wanted me to curl her hair, Jazz needed her hair done, Oak could not find his boots, Chlo refused to get ready at all, and Mo needed his Sunday attire put on him.  I kinda felt like screaming.  Eventually all of the things got done.  I am so glad that I am needed, and we did make it.   I loved the open house.  It was decorated beautifully, they had some moist cupcakes, and some delicious lemonade.  Seriously, the lemonade was crisp, sweet, tangy and refreshing.  Not like the battery acid tasting stuff.  I really just loved that lemonade.  Anyhow, on the way home, Oak went a little nuts.  He had some obsession about making the girls squirm by sticking their heads into his arm pits.  He was yelling things like "pits for dinner!"  ha ha ha.  Really, we had all had enough of Oak's armpits  by the time we got home.  Traveling with the kids is kind of like a torturing session.  So glad to make it home after that lengthy trip to New Castle.
     On Saturday we had a Bundy funeral.  Ethan Bundy died, and he was such a great guy.  We love that family and wanted to be there to show our support.  We roused the kids out of bed, and once again made them dress up in their Sunday best.  The funeral was good, but my kids just couldn't seem to sit still.  I finally found them a safe place to dink around, and I just checked on them periodically.  There was this eight year old boy who was wandering the halls who seemed pretty obsessed with the fact that my kids were playing in the primary room.  He kept going in to "check" on my kids too.  I thought this was kind of funny because Jerusha is 10 and very capable of keeping things under control.  According to my kids he kept coming in there wanting to fight with someone.  He came and reported to me once that the kids were being "hyperactivity"  I went in there and checked and they were doing just fine.  Finally his dad came and collected him.  It made for some good laughs though.  We stopped by and let the kids eat at Golden Corral again.  Once again they pretty much cleaned the joint out of cotton candy.  We got to enjoy Ryan's dad and he gave us some delicious melons.  They have been great.  We had to bring fruit to the baby blessing, and everyone raved about the melons.  I was grateful for them because fruit is kind of expensive this time of year.  Family is such a blessing.
     After the funeral, we had to go to Hatch because Barry and Mindi were blessing baby Madeline first thing Sunday morning.  It was also the opening of the deer hunt, and in spite of the fact that I had no deer tag, I wanted to sneak around the trees a little bit.  Ryan informed me that he had to stop in Kanab to purchase some tires, and we set off.  Oak and Chlo were fighting in the back, and Chlo and Jerusha were being way giggle-goofy.  Finally everyone fell asleep, and I was able to drive in peace.  It was nice. 
     We got to Kanab, and Ryan gave me directions to a welding yard.  He had purchased some tires off of an old box truck, that was about to be scrapped.  Needless to say, that Sage was less than thrilled about waking up in the middle of a welding yard.  Ryan took his tools, and began removing tires.  He instructed us to find some blocks to set the truck onto.  Chlo, Oak, and Mo were still in their church clothing, and I needed them to stay clean for church and the blessing the next day.  Well, this just wasn't happening.  Chlo, and Mo began rolling around in some rusty old pipes, and they found a pile of black dirt to play in.  I went and found some logs to set the truck up on.  The problem was, the blocks were kind of narrow.  Ryan, said that they would work fine, because they were going to scrap the truck right away.  The problem arose when he had removed all six tires, Oak climbed up into the cab and began jerking the steering wheel back and forth.  The whole truck was rocking, and I just knew it was going to fall off.  I screamed at Oak to exit the truck immediately.  He went back to rolling around in oily, and rusty pipes with Chlo and Mo.  Needless to say that I had to wersh all of their clothing as soon as we got to my mom's.
     I explained to my mom that I wanted to meet them deer hunting, so I instructed her to take the phone so I could text her.  Needless to say that when we arrived at her house, when we tried to call, her phone rang and buzzed loudly on the counter top.  I never really did get my deer hunting fill.
     The baby blessing was nice.  She looked so pretty in her elegant white dress.  She was definitely the little star of the day.  I think that Mo sensed that the world was not revolving around him because he really started to act up at that point.  He grabbed my necklace, and pulled until it broke.  He would squirm and arch, and scream.  I would grab Sager's I-pod and this would keep him occupied for about a minute, he then would go to the story book about a plastic purse, and then he would go back to the broken necklace.  I-pod, book, necklace.  Necklace book I-pod, twist and screech.  Finally Ryan took him out.  This was nice until Sage and wazz began pounding at each other.  They claimed that it felt good, but it was way distracting.  Loud pounds were heard from our bench the rest of the meeting.  Jams also stepped on my toe in her spiked heels.  It was extremely painful.  I almost shrieked too.
     They served a breakfast at the Senior Citizen's Center.  It was really good.  The center had an interesting machine that vibrated everyone that stepped on it.  The kids spent the whole time on this machine. Mo found a haunted house statue that moaned around, and the kids vibrating would make their noise with Mo's haunted house.  It was pretty funny.  They also had a leg massager that pinched at your legs.  All of these machines got a lot of use.
     We then went to Grandma's and she made cookies, and Krispy Kreme donuts.  The girls had a ball dipping donuts.  Huxty and I went walking because of all of the sweets Grandma was making, and she had some trouble with Chlo who had stapled her dress and accidentally knocked a shelf over.  Chlo was sad about these troubles too.  It was definitely time to get home and get her busy again.
     My Dad got us an additional load of wood this week which was very nice of him.  Ryan has been extremely busy and this will definitely get us through the winter.  We all went out to load it in the trailer with the tires we had picked up in Kanab.  Mo somehow wanted to make himself useful too.  He wandered around munching on a donut for awhile until he came across the hitch on the truck.  He then began to hook the donut onto the hitch.  This was the extent of Mo's assistance. 
     We are back home now, and the night with Mo was less than ideal.  He woke up at 2am for several hours.  I thought I had just gotten him to sleep when he rose up, and enthusiastically began discussing cows.  Needless to say that I was not wanting to hang out with him any longer.  He finally did go back to sleep around 4am.  I will try to discuss cows with him during daylight hours.  Hopefully this will get it out of his mind and he will rest easier tonight.








    
        

No comments:

Post a Comment