Sunday, October 13, 2013

     This week was a total blur.  I don't even hardly remember what happened because it just came and went too fast.  Many days are this way.  I cannot seem to get a handle on anything.
     I pulled Sage out of school early on Friday to babysit so that I could attend the temple.  I am ashamed to say that I have not attended in a few months.  I had such an amazing time in there on Friday.  I am totally recommitted to attending more often. It puts such a perspective on everything.  After I finished in there, I met up with Ryan who had been working in Washington.  We travelled home together the back way because he had to look at a project in Diamond Valley.  It was great to just have some time to talk without all of the musical chairs and squealing coming out of the back seats.  Mo has been a literal nightmare on car trips.
     We went on a couple of wood hauling projects yesterday and we got a load of wood for some ward members, and we went back and got a load for ourselves.  I can honestly say that when I heard about the ward wood haul, I was a little bit crabby about it.  They wanted to meet at like 6:30am.  I am not a sleeping slob...I usually get up most weekdays at 4am, but Saturdays I would like to sleep until 7:30 if possible.  Anyhow, Ryan had the trailer and the chainsaws and so that pretty much sealed the fact that we had to be there.  We kind of have an unspoken rule, that Saturdays and Sundays are family time no matter what.  If Ryan has to work, we all go with him if we can.  If the Elders Quorum is having a wood haul...we are all going together.  We roused the kids up, and I instructed them to wear multiple layers of clothing.  Chlo was really against this whole idea.  We are talking about a gal who would prefer wearing a swimming suit at all times if possible.  I began putting layers on her and she was having a total fit.  Not okay in her book to be wearing two pairs of everything.  I dressed her in spite of her protests and sent her in to eat some breakfast.  She came back all upset because there was no one to eat with.  She absolutely refused to eat at the table alone.  I finally sent Jazzerz to sit at the table with her so that she would be willing to eat something.  Chlo is quite the gal that is for sure. 
     We went out in the hills, and Ryan whipped out the chainsaws and started sawing things up...Chlo and Mo even hauled a few sticks.  Jams and Sags are awesome wood haulers.  We have been on enough wood hauls that they pitch right in.  We actually had a great time.  We had a few of the Elders with us, and I must say that even though they were California city guys, Ryan taught them how to cut wood like pros.  I am not sure that they appreciated getting soggy Cheetos chucked at them on the ride home, but they were pretty good sports.  Luckily, we had the Elder's Quorum President with us on the car trip.  He is a comedian and entertained Mo the entire time.  It was great.
     We came home, dropped the extra men off, and picked up another trailer,(of course this entailed Ryan having to change a tire) and we went out to get another load.  I must admit that I am way too picky about the wood that I want to burn.  I like Cedar, I am willing to gather Oak, but thumbs down to Aspen.  Cedar is my favorite because it burns hot and long, and it makes cozy popping sounds as it burns.  I turn my snout up at some of the piles that we pass.  It's ok because Ryan found me some red cedar to burn...yippee.  Anyhow, the second wood haul, the younger kids were less than enthusiastic about hauling more wood.  They got some kind of an interesting game going that had an ax and an oven. The oven was a weird old log, and the ax was a stick. I am not really sure the gist of the game, but they were quite entertained playing amongst a pile of dead trees.  Needless to say that Jams, Sags, and I did most of the work.  I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy working with my girls.  They are fun and funny.  I laughed and laughed with them as we hauled and stacked wood.  Moroni wasn't too much of a pleasure though.  Part of the time, he expected to be hauled in my arms along with the wood.  Yep, he is pretty spoiled.  Chlo sat in the van most of the time because she kept removing her shoes.  She would jump over seats over and over.  Chlo is actually really good help when the kids are all at school, but she definitely lets the older kids handle the work load if she can.
     Between wood hauls, Oak was out riding his bike and found a nice, brown caterpillar.  He loved that little guy.  Anyhow, he put the worm in a bowl and held the bowl in his mouth, and gave the caterpillar rides.  I noticed that he had found a smashed tomater for the caterpillar too.  It didn't really want anything to do with the smashed tomater, but it was the thought that counts.
     Well, it is official.  My baby is in the nursery and he absolutely hates it.  HATES IT! While Jazz, Oak and Chlo were in the nursery, Ryan and I were nursery leaders and so we didn't have a problem getting them to transition.  Anyhow, Moroni screamed and whaled and shrieked.  Ryan finally just stayed in there with him. Ryan is awesome in the nursery.  I just hope that Mo gets used to it before too long.  I had the task of helping Chloee give a talk in primary.  She did great because we kept it nice and short.  We got laughing later because we recalled a day when Jazz had been assigned to give a talk.  She was a little Sun beamer.  Anyhow, I was in the nursery at the time with Oak.  Ryan went in to primary to help Jazzerz with her speech.  When it came time for her to get up, there was a sheepish pause because no one was there to help her.  Yep, Ryan was snoring on one of the chairs in the back.  Luckily, Wams was in there to wake him up, but poor Jazz.  I know she felt awkward there for a moment.  We had a nice Sunday.  Except for Chlo's stuffed cow that was thrown around some in sacrament meeting, we did pretty good.
     The kids have a week off from school, and I have huge cleaning plans.  I know the kids need some fun time too, but I want to get things organized.  We shall see how this goes.










     The first picture shows Chloee sleeping soundly on the computer desk...the second is of Oak giving his caterpillar a ride.  The next few are of the kids playing while we haul wood, and the one of Ryan is of his home-made tailgate.  Our trailer didn't have a tailgate, and so he built one...that is just how my man is.  Mo is looking quite tired in the last few shots, and he was.  A good week all in all.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment