Monday, November 4, 2013

     I have missed my husband badly this weekend.  He had to work all week, and all weekend.  I am so glad he is busy, but I am feeling a little bit gypped today.  We get used to family time on weekends, and this weekend that just didn't happen.  Hopefully next weekend.
     Our week was great and action packed.  I mentioned in my last post that we had to go over to Panguitch and teach the kids some dances.  This was to take place on Tuesday, and I was horribly nervous.  I knew that they were going to just turn the time over to us, and I feared that it would just be us and the cricket noise.  Ryan and I haven't danced as much as we used to.  There is always the Bundy reunion, but half of the time there, I am getting kids to bed or scooping up sleeping babies off the benches and laps.  He ends up dancing with everyone else usually.  Anyhow, I kept telling myself, that because it was for a stake activity it would work out.  I firmly believe that whom the Lord calls, he qualifies.  Ryan worked Tuesday, and I started getting the kids ready pretty early because I wanted to get over there early.  Of course, with Ryan's busy schedule, this didn't really happen.  We got over there in time to go over a few things thanks to Mormon standard time.  Anyhow, Ryan and I have done these activities on a ward level before, but this time because it was for the stake we had urged them to hire Steve Gifford to come and deejay the event.  This made all of the difference.  He does such a good job at keeping the kids out on the floor dancing.  Jams and Sags had invited Demi to come, and we had all of our older kids out dancing.  It turned out to be a total blast.  At first the kids were standing around with their hands in their pockets acting sheepish.  I paired them up and we taught them the barn dance.  They caught on really fast, and they really seemed to be enjoying themselves.  I urged to Steve to play the Cupid Shuffle while Ryan and I discussed what to do next.  Everyone was acting a little sheepish, and I sent Jazzerz out there to do the Cupid Shuffle, and it was funny because after Jazz broke the ice, they all jumped in.  I recall a Bundy Reunion when Chlo was tiny.  We had camped outside of camp quite far.  I could still hear the dance, but because of the baby Ryan and I had opted to stay out there and be with her and Oak while they slept.  I had sent Jams into camp with the kids on the 4-wheeler.  Anyhow, it was getting close to midnight Utah time and I was getting way concerned about Jazzerz.  I was sure that she had fallen asleep on the cement slab somewhere.  I had Ryan stay with the babies, and I hiked into camp alone to put her to bed.  I approached the dance floor, and was shocked to see little Jazz on the floor, quietly doing the Cupid Shuffle with the rest of the Bundy teenagers...(at that hour, that is about who was left.)  I urged her to come with me and she refused.  Bewildered, I walked back to camp alone.  Anyhow, once again, it was Jazz, Rooshkie and a bunch of teenagers enjoying the Cupid Shuffle.
     Ryan and I decided to teach them a harder dance that included partner changes and more complicated steps.  They caught on to this one quickly too, and we all had a really great time.  Steve played the Macarena and the Hokey Pokey, and it was time to go home.  My kids were all pleasantly exhausted on the way home, including Mo who had been entertained by Kyler the whole time.  I was grateful for that opportunity, and the youth of Panguitch went out of their way to thank us, and they let us know that they had had a lot of fun too.
     I know I mentioned Oak's couch moving on facebook, but I am not sure if I have mentioned it in the blog.  Oak likes to move the couches around to show his strong muscles off.  The problem with this is, it is odd to be chatting with people, and have him suddenly move the couch.  There are usually abandoned crayons, wrappers, and loose change that need to be cleaned up, which is just sorta embarrassing.  Last week, I found a huge stash of toothbrushes.  Gary reminded me that Chlo likes to play with toothbrush families and this is probably why they were there.  So true, but I feel bad because I couldn't figure out where all of the toothbrushes went, and like a space cadet I kept buying replacements.  I should have checked behind the couch...duh.
     We also had Halloween, and Ryan's birthday this week.  This was kind of hindered by an accident that took place on Monday night.  Jams and Rooshkie were being really squirrely and rastling around the living room.  I knew someone was going to get hurt, and I urged them several times to tone things down.  Of course, this went ignored until Jamie kicked Rooshkie in the face and knocked out her front tooth.  Jerusha's front tooth broke in half about a year ago while she was riding her bike.  She ran into a pole and broke her front tooth off.  I took her right in to the dentist, and he attached a temporary tooth in hopes that the permanent tooth was not dead and would heal.  Anyhow, Jams knocked out the temporary with one kick.  This meant that Rooshkie had to get into the dentist, and the first opening he had was Halloween morning.  Ryan is doing a job just around the corner from the dentist's office and he agreed to take her.  However, he didn't get off of the job site until late, and we all sat around and waited for Rooshkie to get home so we could go trick-or-treating.  On top of that it was Ryan's birthday, and I was really wanting to take care of him.  We had come up with a costume and had it all ready for Jerusha when she came home.  She was way disappointed in what we had come up with.  She frowned and sulked for awhile because she wanted to look like the scary ghost "mama" from the latest scary show.  I will admit that Mama was going to be hard to pull off, but I had found a creepy wig, and a tattered dress, but no.  Not good enough.  I finally dressed her up like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter.  She looked really authentic too.  Wow, I am good at pulling together last minute costumes.
     I forgot to mention how much Chlo had been anticipating Halloween.  She has been asking about it for weeks.  On Halloween morning she got up really early when I was seeing Ryan and Jerusha off.  It was still dark outside.  She asked if it was Halloween, and I confirmed that it was.  She got all excited and wanted to go trick-or-treating before the sun was even up.  I told her that no one was going to have their candy ready yet.  I asked her again what it was that she wanted to be.  She told me again that she wanted to be a "flower ghost."  Ryan whistled and exclaimed at how spooky flower ghosts really are.  He then started singing "Ghost Flowers in the Ground" to the tune of "Ghost Riders in the Sky."  This did nothing to improve Chlo's mood.  She frowned at her Dad.  I laughed and laughed.  Needless to say, she couldn't find her spooky flowery pillow case, and ended up being a lion instead.  Ryan and I took the kids and we trick-or-treated for awhile, had some birthdee pie, and went to bed.  Ryan said that he was too tired for partying, but seemed to like the gifts we got him anyhow.  He is pretty low maintenance and that is for sure.
     We had the opportunity to keep little Madeline (sp?) for Barry and Mindy on Saturday night.  She is so sweet and little.  The kids fought over turns to hold her the whole time.  She was happy, and made satisfying little noises.  I finally took her amid many protests and just held her and rocked she and little Mo to sleep.  Both of their little heads smelled good, and were warm.  It was very enjoyable.
     We had a couple of terrible injuries this weekend.  Chlo split her head open on Saturday morning.  Ryan is usually our go-to first aid guy.  He wasn't around, and so I clipped her hair, and shaved her head around the gash, and glued it shut.  It had bled really bad and her little blonde hair was dripping with red blood.  Poor Chlo was about as freaked out by it all as she could be.  Ryan checked my handiwork when he got home and said it looked good.  Moroni split his foot open on Sunday morning too.  Oak brought him in and he was kind of complaining a little bit, but I stuck him on my hip because I was making some preparations for Sunday dinner.  I finally looked down, and noticed that the floor had blood drips all over.  We glued poor Mo's foot shut, and stuck some socks on him.  He didn't even cry, and it didn't slow him down at all.  There are currently bloody footprints all over my bathroom, and I need to go clean it up.  Thank goodness for super glue, and that little kids heal up fast.    Mo ran all over the house and ran all over shrsh.  I am just grateful that he feels up to running.
     Shrsh was a complete fiasco without my husband today.  There is something about his presence that demands some respect, and the kids behave way better when he is around.  I looked up at one point, and I was alone on the aisle with Sags and Mo.  Jamie had recently asked to go and get a tissue, but apparently everyone had followed her out.  I waited and waited awhile for everyone to return with Jamie being the only returning child, and she had her tissue.  Finally I went out and started tracking the naughties down.  A few friends who were in the hall had spotted Chlo and Jazz, and they said that Jazz had been chasing Chloee around and around the building.  Oak was doing who knows what, and Jerusha claimed that she had gone and gotten a drink, but recanted later saying that she didn't go and get a drink because it was fast Sunday and she was fasting.  It made me grateful and realize how much of a help Ryan is.  We are always together on Sundays and he was sorely missed.  Mo missed him too because Ryan usually sits in the nursery with him.  I didn't feel like the nursery today, and so he came with me to class, and he kept trying to outyell the teacher.  In Relief Society he kept handing his water bottle to a lady, and then pushing the room divider way in.  I knew that he was disrupting the Coal Creek Branch's Relief Society  meeting  with all of his room divider intrusions.  We finally ended up in the foyer for good.  The van was "deader n a doornail" and we ended up having to walk home.  For sure one of the kids left some kind of a light on or something.  Luckily we didn't make it the whole way before Tammy Nesmith picked us up.  Nice gal Tammy. 
     Chlo came and handed me a stick that was pointy.  She explained that it was for "turning people into frogs."  I am also kind of disgruntled with her this morning, because she locked us out of my bedroom again.  Ryan put a new door on our bedroom.  It is heavier and more sound proof so that I can put babies to sleep in there, and they won't wake up with all of the noise.  It is harder to spring the lock though.  Luckily Sags will be able to get me in when she gets home.  She is my expert lock picker.  In the meantime, I am sitting here, after a hard workout...not smelling like a summer breeze, needing a shower, and my clothes.  I guess it will have to wait for my Sags to get home.
    








     The pictures are of our pumpkin carvings at fhe...Mo looking like Groucho Marks, Chlo wrapped up in a garbage sack?????  And everyone decked out for Halloween.  Mo refused to wear his puppy costume and so Ryan wore it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment