Sunday, November 24, 2013

     Winter is definitely here.  I love the snow.  It is a cozy situation, but hey, I can stay indoors for the most part and just enjoy the gorgeous icy scenes from the windows.  Ryan has always hated snow, and I am sure it is because he has to work in it.  It always hinders his work, freezes his concrete, and makes his equipment hard to start.  It has snowed and been snowy for about four days now.  Because of this, Oak has not been able to get out and ride his bike.  This bothers Oak to a large degree.  Instead they have been stuck inside, building huts, scooting around on Ryan's creepers, and carting each other around in mattresses.  Sags has been reading, and Jams has a new steer to take care of. 
     Moroni has still been struggling with bed time and nap time.  He pretty much throws a fit when it is time to go to sleep.  I have tried rocking him, giving him bottles, laying by him, and playing boring shows with the sound down.  (The last one worked like a charm for Chlo.)  For awhile he wanted me to pace rapidly around the floors with him.  This wasn't doing much to get me any sleep.  Frankly he was quiet, but he didn't go to sleep either.  He would, however screech in protest when I would stop.  So, now I just act bored while he throws himself on the floor and cries.  It is pretty sad.  I know this is a phase, but I hate it.  I feel like if the behavior is ignored, he will stop.  I just act like I am asleep, and I hope ends quickly.  He is a happy and delightful kid the rest of the time.  He is very smart, and can follow instructions already.  He helps me put laundry away, and even gets the clothes in the right drawers.  He also loves to sing and dance.  He shimmies around on the table, and twists and turns when the girls are practicing their dances.  He is quick to laugh and smile.  I love the little dude.  What a great addition to our family. 
     Chlo has been into decorating with bungee cords.  Ryan loves bungee cords, and he uses them all the time.  He ordered some this week, but I don't believe he knows that they came, because Chlo immediately put them to good use.  I spacily drove around with a few attached to the back bumper thanks to Chlo.  I finally asked about them and she explained that she was just decorating the van with bungee cords.  "Duh"...she likes to add, when I ask her obvious questions.  Yeah, what was I thinking?
     Ryan and I celebrated our fifteen year anniversary this week.  Jerusha decorated the house with signs, and Ryan took me to Milt's for dinner.  Steaks are so unbelievably savory.  It was a good time.
     Jazzerz performed in the craft fair this week.  Her teacher had been riding her pretty hard because she was struggling with a cart wheel that had to be done in the routine.  We decided that we were going to get Jazz on track with her cartwheel.  It was a right handed cartwheel, and Jazzerz had the tendency to want to go left.  Anyhow, Ryan was even trying to demonstrate the cartwheels for her.  Jams helped her over and over until we began to see some huge improvements.  By the time that Saturdee rolled around I felt confident that Jazz was ready.  I watched her from the audience.  She danced beautifully, and faced the wrong way when she did her cartwheel.  I am sure no one noticed but me.  Try, try again Jazz!
     We did family pictures in the snow yesterday.  I hope they turned out well.  Cute Chlo was trying to smile through her shivers.  Mo kept throwing fits, and I had to bribe them all to keep smiling for the camera.  We came home and made cinnamon rolls to fulfill the bribe which, Mo enjoyed immensely. 
     After all of the craziness with Jazzerz dance deal, getting ready for pictures, we came home to a messy house.  I had invited one of Saggers friends to come over and do hair, and this proved to be brilliant.  She did great, and I wouldn't have made it without her.  The house was filled with clothes, and hair fixing tools.  Anyhow, we all pitched in and cleaned things up.  I ran to the store for some milk, and while I was gone, Rooshkie headed up a hut making program.  The living room was pretty much not accessible at all.  She had also used my hand weights to keep the blankets in place which is never a good thing.  Someone always ends up in the hut, getting clobbered on the head by a ten lb weight.  I frowned at the hut when I walked in.  The hut had included every decent blanket out of the bookoo fudge, and my rocking chair added a nice wing onto the hut.  I frowned, and Jerusha swore up and down that she would clean it up. 
     Ryan went to bed early, and I was trying to get the kids to bed too.  They were all beaning around the hut loudly and happily until Mo entered the scene.  He was like a wrecking ball and this made Jerusha squeal and squawk with disappointment.  She bawled and screamed while Mo, within moments demolished the beloved hut.  Then "klunk"  an eight pound weight fell on Rooshkie's head which caused a ton of more wails out of Rooshkie.  All this time I am trying to shush everyone, and check on Rooshkie to get them to quiet down.  I finally told them that I had to have the rocking chair.  Even though Mo is impossible to get to sleep initially, he will let me rock him back to sleep if he wakes up in the night.  Most nights I spend half the night in the chair with him. We cleaned the hut up, and a very upset Rooshkie went to bed.  Chlo scared me however.  While Mo was throwing his nightly bedtime tantrums and I was snoozing, she was standing there in the dark wondering how to help him.  Chlo startled me.  I sent her back to bed.
     The hut went back up this morning in all of it's glory.  I noticed that they used books to hold the blankets in place this time.  They crawled and squirreled around that thing all morning.  I told them to include Mo this time and he seemed to enjoy hanging in the hut with them.  I had to pull them away from the hut to get them ready for shrsh.
     Oak has really taken up whittling this week.  He likes to sit on the back porch, sharpen knives, and whittle sticks.  He took a whittled stick to shrsh today. I am still unsure about that.  Chlo also showed up to shrsh with the most hideous doll in the world.  She had colored the back of the doll's head in bold strokes with a blue pen.  It was naked, with a grubby body and grubby face.  It was quite shabby to say the least.  I was kind of embarrassed to be seen with Chlo's doll.  She was very insulted when I questioned her about her doll.  It is beloved to Chlo, obviously.
     I bought Ryan a new creeper for the garage for his birthday.  It is a creeper that has a seat, and it works well to roll around the garage for tools and tinkering.  For whatever reason someone brought it in the house this week.  That thing got raced through the halls, round and round the kitchen, and rolled all over the bathrooms.  It banged into people's shins repeatedly though, and this caused quite a bit of distress.  I threatened to take the creeper back to the garage over and over.  The fact of the matter is, I was glad that they were being entertained by it.  Mo would place bullets and food items on it.  He then would race to and fro.  He would then either add to the food stores, or place his bottle on there.  Off he would go again.  The creeper has gotten many miles put on it this week.
     We had a niece return from a mission this week.  It is so good to know that she is back.  We felt bad that we didn't make it down to that.  The snowy weather, combined with the fact that we will be gone from our ward next week prevented us from going.  I was put in charge of the Christmas program.  I am trying to get things organized. I hope that her reunion with the family was really great today.






     Jazzerz on the fun-time creeper is the top picture. Mo is on Miranda's head in the next one.  She is the sweetheart that helped me with hair on picture day. The next two are of Jazz ready to perform.  Hut making fun is next and the one is of Chlo peeking up out of the Bookoo fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment