Tuesday, January 14, 2014

     We had a nice week last week.  The weather has been quite pleasant for January, and I have been on a mission all week to get everything nice and clean so that our home will entice buyers.  It has been looked at by three different people this week, and I hope that someone will decide they want to buy.  Anyhow...I have turned into a regular clean Nazi.  This has not gone over too well with anyone...particularly Mo.  He just does not understand why I get upset when he dumps 5 gallons of popcorn all over the patio.  He likes to dump stuff.  It isn't a good phase when the house must be clean on any given moment.
     With all of the cleaning, I have dug up some toys that the kids had forgotten about.  I found Chloee's shopping cart which is a coveted toy between she and Mo.  It was in two pieces, but I put it back together and Chlo was thrilled.  She immediately began hauling everything under the sun in it around and around the house.  She especially liked to flaunt it in front of Mo because she knew that he would want it too.  It got extremely ridiculous.  I highly encourage sharing of personal items, but I cannot force them. Usually they learn pretty fast that if they share their stuff, others will share with them.  But Chlo knew that the cart was hers and that Mo was just out of luck.  I kept trying to get him to play with some of his stuff.  He has a dump truck that can haul just as much as the dumb shopping cart, but he wanted nothing to do with it.  He bawled and bawled as Chlo...who was feeling quite superior...strutted around the house with the prized shopping cart.  It was enough to make me want to shriek at her.  Anyhow, I also realize that Mo is extremely spoiled and he needs to be told "no" way more often.  We endured the bawling, until he got distracted by a show that one of the kids had put on.  I was just starting to be grateful for the silence, and I was thinking that he was probably going to drift off to sleep (all of the bawling had definitely worn him out) when Chlo hauls herself up onto the bed beside him with....the stupid shopping cart.  The shopping cart that he couldn't have. I was ready to chuck the shopping cart at that point.  She was trying way too hard to hurt his feelings. Needless to say that I was not happy with Chlo.  Who brings a shopping cart onto a bed to watch t.v. with? That was pretty mean spirited of Chlo, and it set him off all over again.
     I have also been kind of frustrated because the kids have been building tent cities to play and sleep in.  Tent cities do not help houses sell.  Chlo has a tent, Oak has a few of them, and they kept getting erected in the living room.  One day, I was trying really hard to get the house ready to show, and they put up a tent city. Oak found some of Jams ski boots and he began clodding all over the house in them.  They pulled umbrellas out so that they could have shelter inside of their tent shelters, and they pulled the kites out too.  It was all about exciting fun and games.  It made me frown.
     I have also had a few things backfire on me this week.  On Sundee I have to talk Chlo into wearing shoes.  I got really excited about a pair of black shoes and I went on and on about how they made her look just like Alice in Wonderland.  She was thrilled with this news and happily wore shoes to shrsh for one of the first times ever.  Well, the rest of the week she insisted on wearing those shoes everywhere.  Ryan had to go to a horse auction, and he invited Chlo.  There was still snow on the ground, and the livestock arena is pretty snow-y and muddy.  But, Chlo wanted to be Alice in Wonderland and so she insisted on wearing those shoes.  She wore them to go and fetch the horse that Ryan purchased last week, and got them stuck all the way in the mud.  I sprayed those dumb things off all week.  When Sunday rolled around again....no shoes were to be found of course.  I am sure that they were probably in some mud bog somewhere nearby.
     I just mentioned that Ryan purchased a horse this week.  We went to the horse auction and he bought a red gelding.  He looks nice and sleek and they claimed that he was "ranch broke" whatever that means.  Well, I went down the street to the pen where we have been keeping our animals, and he and the horse that Ryan had borrowed for an earlier round-up were gone.  Great fun.  I called Ryan, and he figured that they had just gotten into Sunroc's gravel pit.  He told me that he would go and get them.  He and Chlo did just that, and Chlo got to be the first Bundy to ride the new horse.  Ryan said that he seemed to really do well, and Chlo was thrilled until she almost lost her Alice in Wonderland shoes in the mud.
     Rooshkie has been acting like an odd ball this week.  She keeps putting on all black clothing (complete with an odd black beanie) and spying on the family.  She likes to cause mystery and mayhem.  Ryan and I were in the kitchen one evening.  He was doing something on the computer and I was cleaning up the kitchen.  The lights kept going out.  We have had problems with some of the lights lately and I had convinced Ryan that he needed to tear some of the lights apart before I realized that it was just Rooshkie being a sneaker.  She would dart in when no one was watching and flip out the light switch.  She is actually pretty sneaky.  Jeff and his friend Te used to play spy eye when we were growing up.  They were always very easy to spot.  Rooshkie is pretty difficult to spot, but I am sure that I am way more distracted these days.
     Oakers has decided that he has changed his mind on his goals of being a dragon when he grows up.  He has now decided that he would like to be an ape.  He sat down with me last night and basically outlined all of the reasons that being an ape would be ideal.  They make loud noises, they are quick, and they swing from trees.  Unfortunately, he is practicing all the time by making extremely loud ape noises, and hopping around ape-like from couch to couch.  I thought his dragon practicing was loud, but this is getting ridiculous.
     For FHE Ryan was trying to explain to the kids how the earth rotates around the sun.  He was doing a great job, but the just happened to be using Mo's new ball that he got for Christmas.  No one could get any learning done because Mo was having a complete come apart.  Needless to say that we finally just gave up, and gave Moroni his blasted ball.  I hope the kids learned something besides the fact that Mo loves that ball.
     One of Sagers favorite things is to watch the skits that Studio C put on.  Studio C is a group of students from BYU that do some pretty hilarious short skits and they are usually posted on youtube.  Anyhow, she loves them and has been begging me to take her up there to watch them live.  I find this whole concept kindn of amusing because it just isn't going to happen.  I rarely make it to Provo, and if I do, I cannot picture juggling seven kids (especially Mo) in a live audience.  Well, one of her friends had the opportunity to be an extra in one of their skits and she invited Sager to go.  She was so excited, and she got to meet Whitney and Adam from Studio C.  According to Sage, she had the best time ever.  She also got autographs for Jams, Rooshkie and Wazz.
     Well, I just wanted to mention that I have really been aware of all of my blessings lately.  I feel so happy to have the opportunity to put all of my time and efforts into raising my kids, and keeping the house.  I am so glad that Ryan takes on all of the responsibilities that he does so that I can enjoy being home.  I love it.  I have to smile even when Mo and Chlo dump stuff.  I am a lucky gal.






   


No comments:

Post a Comment