Sunday, February 9, 2014

     I am going a tiny bit insane today.  I will admit that perhaps I am not in the best of all moods.  I also realize that this is my fault even though Jazzerz of all people has been pretty awful all day.  I love Jazzerz.  She is usually pleasant and low maintenance, but today she is stirring up all kinds of problems.
     Things are difficult on Sunday mornings with 9 am shrsh looming.  I wish I could say that I had no problem getting everyone ready and getting there on time.  This morning, I woke up 30 minutes late, and in spite of my best efforts I looked like a Reba when all was said and done.  Don't get me wrong.  Reba's are often great and pretty people, but I just felt kind of out of sorts.  I tried to mention my Reba feelings to Ryan, but I think that he thought that I meant that I looked like Reba Macintyre.  That wasn't it at all.  Something about the way that my hair was piled atop my head made me look Reba-ish.  Jazzerz immediately began complaining about Sager's long shower and Jerusha's wardrobe choices.  This got trouble brewing first thing.  When we got to shrsh, Jams was in tears because she wasn't ready, and Chlo ended up without shoes, which is no big shock.  Ryan did not inform me that he had been assigned to be one of the speakers today ( I am not sure if he was trying to be a secret agent man or what.)  Needless to say that Mo was awful, I ended up tackling Oak at one point because he and Chlo ran back and forth on the bench during the rest hymn, and Jazzerz and Oak ended up in the hall at one point in a scratching fight.  Seriously, my beautiful little calm Jasmine flower....on a bad streak today.  On the upside- Ryan's speech was excellent.  I did hear most of it in spite of Jazzerz bawling fit because I had to get after her for scratching Oak up in the hall.
     To top things off, we had the home teachers over.  Jazz was horrible.  She took some sparkly gem of Rooshkie's and licked it and spit it out of her mouth right at Rooshkie.  She stuck her feet on Mo's face and kicked Rooshkie a bunch of times.  I am kind of shocked at Jazz.  She has been on one.  When I try to correct her she laughs.  I must admit that Jazz doesn't get disciplined a whole lot because she is usually so even keel.  A peacemaker, and a nice presence.  Today she just must be feeling rebellious.
     We had a pretty calm week overall.  We had the usual tussels with Mo and Chlo.  Mo came up with a new word in his language.  He calls cereal "poke" and often wakes up in the morning begging for poke.  This kind of makes me frown because I don't really like to feed my kids cereal for breakfast.  If I do, then they get hungry in like 30 minutes and they are begging for cereal again.  He has turned into a Daddy monster too.  Ryan has been around the house a lot more lately helping me with some broken appliances etc.  Mo has loved having his Dad around and begs and bawls to be included in everything that Ryan does.  He wants to go with him everywhere.  He will even tell me to go away when he is spending time with his Dad.  This has made me mad enough that Mo just find himself sleeping without my neck in the night.  He expects me to just be fine and dandy with him wallering all over me all night, but wants me to go away all day?  I don't think so.
     My washer and dryer was having issues.  This is never good.  Laundry piles up extremely fast around our place, and so Ryan immediately went uptown hunting parts.  He pulled the dryer out into the living room and had it torn apart in no time.  We had to get after Chlo because her desire was to be in the dryer eating popcorn while it was being worked on.  I had to explain to Chlo that this was not going to happen.  She was quite disappointed.  Mo kept trying to get into the tools and screws and scatter them.  Mo also kept climbing up on top of the appliances.  I don't think it is very easy to repair stuff when Mo is on top of the machine, and Chlo is in the machine with popcorn.
     Jerusha has been teaching Jazzerz how to play the violin lately, and she has made up some song on the piano.  Jazzerz seriously will play four low squeaks to four high squawks over and over and over again.  Rooshkie's piano song is a happy little song but it is played for hours and hours at a time.  I finally had to beg Jams and Sags to borrow an ipod.  I don't want to yell at the kids when they are being creative, but really, there is only so much noise I can take. 
     Currently I am frowning because Mo has dumped one of those monster sized cereal bags on the floor, Jams fizzled on finishing up the kitchen, and there is popcorn scattered everywhere.  Then we wonder why people aren't flooding into to buy this joint.  It has definitely been lived in and messed up over and over. I realize that I probably sound like a negative nellie.  I need to straighten up and that is for sure.  I am really blessed in so many ways.  We have been quite healthy this winter, and the kids seem to be doing well in many aspects.  Jams is doing great with her violin.  We bought her a new and more expensive instrument this week, and I am so happy that she does well in the orchestra.  Sags is doing rehearsals for a play that she and a few of her friends wrote, and Rooshkie is doing great in school and makes friends with all kinds of people.  Helpful Jazz is usually so great to take care of Mo, and help her dad especially with anything.  Oak is a great big brother, who always looks out for Chlo and especially Mo lately.  Chlo is loving and affectionate, and Mo is energetic and happy.  See, I feel better already.
     Speaking of Mo, he has been better this week to look after Chlo.  Ryan sat down with him at one point to eat lunch and Mo kept mentioning "Bean."  Ryan thought that he meant that he wanted a bowl of beans, but he was concerned about the Bean getting some lunch with him.  The Bean is what we usually call Chloee.  He wanted to take care of the Bean quite a bit this week.  Nice and thoughtful Mo.  Ok...in spite of feeling like a Reba, today is not so bad.
 Grandpa H brought us a gigantor candy bar this week...the kids have been sneaking chunks out of it.
 Grandma Grapes and Lucy
 Grandma Grapes and Baby Houston
 Grandma's cake
Brinklee, Maddi, and Emrie on Hot Toddy

 Big Dummy

 Big Dummy-taking a break from the golf course

     Mo and a tiny puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment