Sunday, August 9, 2015

     It is another beautiful and restful Sabbath.  I am wishing there were clouds like last week, but we are back to blaring sun and full heat.  I enjoyed shrsh today.  Our Stake President came and spoke a few words and it was awesome.  He always carries such a spirit about him, and he always lifts my spirits.  I have loved today.
     Last week was intense.  We have been trying to get the weeds under control.  The melons are growing like mad and so are the weeds.  We worked our tails off every morning in the field.  I was quite proud of my kids.  We had no distractions as far as camps and activities were concerned in the mornings.  It was just sun, and weeds and family.  We did also have some helpers from the ward come.  There are a few young men saving for missions that have been coming to help.  Oak always finds a way to make this situation extremely awkward and embarrassing.  Jamie had a crush on one of the boys when we first moved into the ward.  He made sure that he mentioned this loudly when she was standing by him weeding.  He also mentioned it several other times just to make the atmosphere awkward again.  Jace is another boy who has come out to work with us.  Jams had a meeting with a young women leader one morning, and Jace was leaving anyway, and so Ryan asked him to drop her off at the meeting on his way.  Oak loudly mentioned that they were leaving for their date over and over until things were nice and awkward.  Jamie vows revenge, but I doubt she will care at the point when Oak is dating.  Hopefully Mo and Dill will make things awkward for him.
     With that being said, my whole world has become extremely unorganized.  The house needs cleaning, and the laundry needs to be done.  I feel bad about getting so behind.  Chlo and Mo, and now Dilly have made all of their regular messes without anyone to clean up behind them.  I definitely need to just spend some time at home getting things back in some kind of order.  What makes me sad is the Dilly messer.  Why did she have to join in the mess making so fast?  She likes to empty cupboards and get things messed up in hurry. 
     We had a lovely time yesterday though.  Ryan's great uncle passed away this past week.  It was sad, and yet he was old, and he lived a great life.  I always enjoy these types of funerals because it feels so wonderful to hear about other people fulfilling all of their challenges in wonderful ways.  His wife had already passed too, which made us happy for them to be together again.  The atmosphere was wonderful and spiritual.  Mo was acting strangely on the way into the funeral.  He laid down between two parked cars, and was determined to stay there.  I told him no, but wondered why he would want to lay in the parking lot....still confused about some of his ambitions.  Guy Bowler was a military veteran as well, and so the 21 shot salute was fired.  Mo was upset by this because someone had included a huge, and beautiful bouquet of balloons on the casket.  Mo thought that they were popping when the gun was fired.  This saddened him.  It is the wonders of the cursed balloon again.
     After a lovely lunch that the lovely relief society prepared, we took the kids swimming at the Veyo pool.  I have always loved the Veyo pool in all of its refreshing cleanness.  Yesterday did not disappoint.  It was packed when we arrived though.  I love the whole setting of the pool too, settled in the bottom of the canyon, with all of the green trees, and the sheer cliffs.  It was so beautiful.  I was mildly irritated by some raucous boys who were having a big game of catch over everyone's heads in the pool, and it was just plain crowded.  Dilly, loved the water though, and seemed to be delighted for quite awhile.  The clouds moved in, and thunder and lighting began striking pretty close.  This got everyone out of the pool, and the rain started, so people packed themselves up, and left.  Everyone but us.  When everyone left, and I could no longer hear thunder, we all got back in, and had the whole place to ourselves for quite awhile.  It was raining, it was fun and wonderful.  Dilly was sitting on Ryan's lap playing with fry sauce while the rest of us swam and played.  At one point a little family that spoke Spanish came for awhile...they were racing each other across the short length of the pool in the shallow end.  I was appalled at Jazzerz who was standing in their way with her arms outstretched dancing, and preventing them from having their race....I yelled at her, she moved and they resumed...one of the the Mothers chuckled at Jazz, but  I was quite appalled...why?  Jazzerz is seriously one of my better behaved kids.  When she causes trouble I am quite impatient with her.  Again it started raining hard....at this point we had swam for four hours or so, I was ready to get out.  We then stopped at the Veyo pie shop, and bought a pie to split with the kids.  It was one of the best days that I have had in a long time.
     We are still struggling to figure out Mo and his behavior.  I have noticed that keeping my phone away from him in the evening helps.  He is now no longer able to watch cartoons on my phone after dark.  This always turned into a huge bawling fit when anyone needed the phone, or wanted to watch with him.  I have also been going to the park most evenings to work with Sage on developing her Volleyball skills.  I usually take all of the kids, and they ride their scooters through the splash pad that is at the park.  They have a total ball.  Mo usually ends up making some nice sand castles in the Volleyball pit too.  He has been better to sleep in his bed most nights, but the other night he came and slept with us bringing a whole bunch of magnets that he needs to return to the shrsh.  We had to clean the shrsh a few weeks ago, and he took a whole stack of magnets that were there for people to use with their lessons.  I am actually thinking of just buying the shrsh some new ones because he has played with those dumb things nonstop.  I always forget to grab them on Sunday morning anyway.  Anyhow, I couldn't figure out why we needed to share a bed with the magnets.  It's never just him that wants to sleep in our bed...he always wants to bring some other objects with him as well.
     Oak's teacher told me a story about him that made me kind of chuckle.  They were writing to some of the missionary's in the ward as a class.  Oak decided to write to Jared Walther because we know our Jared friend, and he is serving in New York city.  Oak mentioned in his letter how awful New York must be ( I seriously have no idea where he got this idea.)  The teacher encouraged him to at least mention something positive in the letter.  Oak erased what he had written about how terrible New York was, and said, "I am positive that New York is terrible."  That was his idea of being positive I guess.  Oh how I wish I could figure that boy of mine out.  He makes all sorts of loud and obnoxious noises, and he regularly insults the girls.  Not sure what to do with him.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment