Tuesday, November 24, 2015

     It has cooled off finally!  I seriously want to go outside and skip, and dance, and hop!  It is down to the lower 90's and it feels absolutely amazing!  One thing that I desperately miss about Cedar is fall.  We kind of get a fall around the end of November or so, but yeah...I miss going to look at the beautiful change of leaves, football, and cozy nights by the fire.  Bring it all on!  I am ready...I will take lower 90's though.  It was a long, hot and dry summer. 
     Jerusha made the drill team, and this has led her to spin and twirl and dance all over the house ever since she got that glorious news.  Sags has been busy with Volleyball, and has been involved with two games a week.  They have won some, and have lost some.  She loves to play, though, and she has become quite the player.  Jamie has also performed quite a bit, and her arm has pretty much healed up.  She performed three times this past week.  We had a game Friday night, and she danced beautifully.  My kids are busy and loving it.
     I received a new calling a few weeks ago, and it is going to keep me busy.  I am now the Second Counselor in the Young Women's.  I am excited about this new calling, and yet, I was so busy with the kids and all of their activities before the calling.  I have faith that if I give the Lord this time, I will be better at juggling the rest of my demands.  The only immediate problem with the new calling, is that I had just signed up Oak for flag football.  Tackle would have been ideal, but all of the tackle practices etc were going on during the craziest part of melon season.  I figured that he could at least learn the main points of the game by playing flag football first.  Anyhow....all of his games are held on Wednesdays at six...right during Young Women's.  Last week Ryan was able to go and he claims that Oak was great on the field, grabbing off flags, and he even made a touchdown.  Yeah for Oak.  I guess I will take it one week at a time, and hopefully I will be able to go to some of the games.
    Melons are definitely winding down.  We are struggling just to find enough melons to fill a bin.  There are quite a few small ones coming on, but I am not sure if anyone is going to want to buy them.  Watermelons are kind of a summer food, but hey....it is still in the 90's here.  Anyhow, the other day, Ryan and I had gone out to pick melons with the two babies.  It had been hot, and sweaty, and difficult because we had to search far and wide to get the bins filled....Dill had also bawled most of the morning.  It felt great in the truck in the air conditioning, but a strange smell filled the cab, and it got stronger and stronger until I felt like my head was going to explode.  I finally discovered that Mo had sprayed an entire bottle of spray lube all over the seat, saturating a sock until it was dripping and yellow.  From then on, the trip home was quite miserable....Dilly bawled and I couldn't get out of the truck fast enough.
     We have also had more incidents with Mo getting into the butter.  I don't know why he feels the need to mess with the butter, but for whatever reason, he is drawn to it.  Sags had begged me one morning to wash her green Volleyball practice shirt, so that she could wear it to practice that afternoon.  I had stuck it in the wash while I was getting the elementary kids out the door, and then I had grabbed it out of the washer and hung it on the back of the chair because we were heading out to pick melons.  I felt proud of myself for getting it done when I had a bajillion other things to do.  She would see it there, and it would be clean and fresh even if I didn't make it back before she did.  Well, we did make it home before her, and I didn't realize it, but Mo saw the freshly laundered shirt, and slathered it in butter.  Needless to say, Sags was not too happy with the little fella.  He has also been slathering it on the countertops again, which is never very easy to clean up.
     Mo's playing with pet rocks has also taken on a whole new level.  To properly care for the rocks, he sticks them in socks.  I have found many a rock/sock combinations in many various places.  I usually grab the stray sock with thoughts that it needs to be wershed, only to be met up by a rock inside.  I am never sure how fond of the rock he is, but I haven't gotten in too much trouble yet for simply chucking the rock outside, and throwing the sock in the wersh.
     I mentioned that Wams performed at half time the other night.  That whole evening ended up being a complete fiasco.  Ryan and I had the kids, and we were all set to go to the game.  However, as we were loading up, Ryan got a call from Cliven, because a bunch of heifers had gotten into the fresh alfalfa and had to be driven out immediately.  Cliven was taking care of his Mother and Arden was playing football....yeah, it definitely fell to Ryan to take care of this task.  This put me at the game alone with all of the kids.  Saggers had also been asked to babysit for a friend, and Jazz had already gone to the game with a secret friend.  So...this left Rooshkie and I to take care of all of the babies.  I got in there, and Rooshkie handed me some bracelets that she is supposed to be selling for drill team, and she disappeared.  There were some Nazi adults who wouldn't allow the kids to roll down the hill (I am sorry but this type of thing really bugs me! )  which left me trying to juggle a bored Oak, and a bawling Mo, and a busybody Dill on the bench.  Thankfully Jazz had showed up with her friend and offered to keep Chlo.  Anyhow...Rooshkie did finally show up and take Dill, but Mo made loud bawling noises for a good 45 minutes.  It all started because he wanted a drink of water.  Because of the last game, and the volleyball water demands, I had opted not to bring my water bottle.  Last time he refused it anyway.  He bawled and bawled for a drink, and so I went in search of a drinking fountain with no luck.  There was one, but it had not been in operation for awhile.  This bugs me too because I know why they don't fix the fountains, and it is so that you will have to buy water from the snack bar.  The current snack bar line was huge, the van was parked clear down the block, and on and on he bawled.  I finally located Jazz, and asked her to wait in the long line for a bottle of water.  She of course, said yes, and even kept Chlo with her.  Meanwhile Mo's sobs are getting louder and louder.   Our team was getting butchered, and no one's spirits were very good.  I finally went down on the grass and just let him cry. Wazz finally did show up with the water, but he refused to drink it, and only bawled louder because it was cold.  Yes, he wanted hot water to drink, and the cold water just would not do.  I could tell that he was just worn out, and as soon as Wams finished with her performance, we left.  He fell fast asleep as soon as we got in the car.  Seriously....Mo is completely unreasonable when he is tired.  The other day, he quietly wormed out of his seat, got in a melon box, and fell asleep as I was driving to the store.  At that point I was wondering whether I should try to pick up the whole box and just wheel him in, or what because I definitely couldn't leave him in his melon box bed while I shopped....yeah, it was still 110 that week.  I ended up having to wake him up of course...he wasn't too happy about it.
     Speaking of rogue cattle, Big Dummy has been at it again at the Casablanca golf course.  Someone always leaves the fence down over the river, which just gives Big Dummy the access to the golf course.  Apparently some triple a member went and yelled at Ryan and the kids last Sunday for being on the course.  Sags was like..."do you want to continue dealing with Big Dummy on the course?"  the guy then called the cops, which agreed that Big Dummy just had to go.  But, he just runs into the brush and hides there...and then saunters back onto the green.  Cliven mentioned last night that he is back on the course this weekend.  I am hoping Arden and Taylen went and chased him off again.  Seriously?  We just need to plant a golf course for Big Dummy...it is where he wants to be at all times.

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment