Saturday, July 9, 2016

     Instead of going home after the reunion, I had decided that I would go to my mom's for a few days.  Gary had come up, and had planned some things, and because the reunion fell on the 2nd this year, the fourth was on a Monday.  The kids could actually go to the parade and see the fireworks.  And...we weren't anywhere near as dirty and dusty as usual, thanks to all of the lovely rain that fell during the reunion.  When we got to my mom's, I threw some clothes in...especially Chloee's one pair of pants, and the kids got in the bath and showers, and we settled in.  It was nice to sleep in a bed.  Beds are nice inventions.
     We went to the Panguitch parade the next morning, and met Gary there.  It was kinda a disappointment.  A few kids on bikes.  And I cannot see our flag the same.  My country is against my family and I...at least that is what the court docket always says...The United States vs. Ryan Bundy.  When I look at the flag, I don't feel Independent.  I feel betrayed and sad.  They tried to kill my cowboy.  It was a mixed mess of emotions.  Anyhow, but it is hard to be with Gary and be sad.  He is always so upbeat and positive.  I ran into Chuck and Minnie Hughes when I was trying to talk to Ryan, and he was able to speak with his cousin.  That was good, and we went over and visited with Ann.  We also barbecued some steaks, and made Mo his pie.  Let me explain about Mo's pie.  When we were leaving the Bundy Reunion, he asked me if  I would be willing to make him a pie on the way.  I tried to explain to him that it was quite impossible to bake him up a fresh pie, as I drove home.  He then came up with another solution, and he told me word for word, what to say.  He told me to just call up my mom...and say, "hey mom! why don't you cook a pie for my little boy."  Anyhow, Mo loved his pie, and the steak, and everything else.  We had a hilarious visit with the brothers.  Doug recalled that Grandma Shurtz had sent him and some of the other cousins out to the pool to play one day.  Some of them were wanting floaties, and she had none, and so she told them to just take her empty milk jugs???  Yeah, she was a make-do with what you have type lady.  I miss her terribly.  I missed the fireworks because Dill was throwing "I'm tired" fits.  I was also able to watch something kinda scary because my Daddy was there.  I feel insecure without a man in my house.  I watched a nice, spooky movie, and I really enjoyed it.
     We went on walks, the kids played outside, and the weather was so wonderful.  We went for a drive the next day out to Tropic Reservoir, and filled up our water jugs.  We also went out to Ruby's Inn for a few minutes. 
     The next day, we went to Escalante.  It had been years and years.  We met Stetsy in the park with Roper, and my mom had told the kids some stories about some of the crazies she grew up with.  And she grew up with crazies.  There was a woman who would go into people's homes and she would brush her long, white hair in people's faces.  Another man was an ax murderer.  We showed them some of the haunted houses, and we visited my Grandma and Grandpa's graves.  I told them about Great Grandparents on my side of the family.  This is something that they don't hear much about.  They know a lot about the Bundy's, but not so much about the Peterson's and Shurtz's.  We also took them to the Red Rocks, and they attempted to slide down the rocks on the boards, like we used to.  They wore out many a pair of pants like we always did.  It was just so much fun.  I loved the weather.
     The next morning, we packed up and headed home, and hey...it has only been 103 or so.  Nice for this time of year.  We are back to swimming at the head gate, and friends, and it's good to be home.  Sags and I got the unpacking done, and so now we are packing up for Girls Camp.  Oak and Chlo stayed with Barry, and they should be home this week.
     This afternoon Mo has been all kinds of mean to my little Dill.  It makes me very sad, and I have tried to tell him how important it is for him to be nice to his sister.  They demanded Ramen Noodles for a snack, and I was too tired to argue.  Moroni dumped his, and placed a pillow over it.  This always gets to me....do they think that I am not going to find out about the mess, if there's a pillow on top of the splattered mess?  He has taken toys from her all day, and yelled at her.  I am so ready for Chlo to come home.
     Last night I had to leave to go and pick up Sags from weights.  I wasn't gone for very long, but Jamie was getting ready for a date, and she was obviously not watching the babies really close.  Dill got into the wood stove and dumped ashes all over the place.  She then went over and dumped a sticky pop all over the floor, and she then went upstairs and got into a pack of band-aids and stuck them all over.  Grrrr.  Anyhow, I got home, and cleaned up the messes.  I then cooked a nice dinner.  We had all eaten together (those of us, that were actually home) and I had gotten up to do dishes.  Dill proceeded to throw plates and food on the floor.  She got a frowny and a cuss word from me.  She looked at me, and then started to sing the Frozen song "Let it Go"....very appropriate Dill!







No comments:

Post a Comment