Wednesday, October 5, 2016

     Ok....so just a few updates.  We have been praying and fasting because Ammon is supposed to take the stand today.  I know that he will speak the truth boldly.  I am grateful that we can pray.  I really think that God is the only way out of this whole situation.  I am looking forward to hearing what happens, and I wish I could be up there.
     We have also had a few conflicts brewing around here.  Jerusha asked for a pair of skates for her birthday.  I had heard that the Haviliand's had some roller skates because they had been previous owners of a skating rink.  Anyhow, I asked and she just gave me a pair.  They became a real hit around here, and the kids were begging Jerusha non-stop to borrow her skates.  Finally, I knocked my pride down a bit, and asked if we could possibly have a few more pairs.  They were eager to see them get some use, and so I grabbed a pair for Oak and Jazz.  They have been a million miles on those dum things.
     Then, Jerusha came home from school yesterday, and was determined to make a treat.  She got out a chocolate cake mix, and made a batch of cake mix sandwich cookies with vanilla frosting in the centers.  Kind of like homemade Oreo cookies.  Well, she had the whole house smelling fabulous with a brownie-like aroma, and just like that, the cookies disappeared.  No one got any mind you, she whisked them away into some undisclosed location, and everyone was just kinda left wanting one.  She was kind enough to give the kids the extra frosting, and they all gathered around on the floor to eat frosting while I was out of the room.  I was able to clean the frosting mess up later, but I am still curious about those cookies.  Where are they, and who are they for?  I will have to investigate, but I suspect she has baked them for a boy or something of that sort.  I am praying for her today, because she is trying out for the drill team.  I cannot say that I appreciate the frosting mess she created by handing the kids a bowl of frosting.
     We also had homecoming last week...we went to the parade and walked away with a ton of candy.  Briana told me that if we were on the first corner of the parade, everyone was all eager to share their candy and throw it at the kids.  She was right.  Sage was on the Volleyball float, Wams danced with the drill team, Rooshkie was with the student council, and she rode her skates through the parade, and Jazz danced with her dance team.  I was so exhausted after all of the parade preparation, and then juggling kids at the parade, and then trying to locate kids after it, that I thought about ordering pizza...but, I am just trying so hard to watch expenses...anyhow, someone in my ward must have just known, and when I got home, a kind family had a few pizzas waiting for me.  I cannot say enough about the people of this valley, and their desires to serve my family and I.  I truly hope that I can be as sensitive to other people when they are in need.  Anyhow, Rooshkie, again wore a jersey that I about had hear attacks over.  This one was white, and I told everyone that they were not allowed to even breathe on it.  It looked way nice, and way expensive, and it was from the same young man that wanted her to wear his jersey last year.  Maybe I should ask him for a cookie....it only makes sense.  Anyhow, the bulldogs won their homecoming, and Jamie had fun on her date.  She got ready at Falen's and Derrick was way better than I was at being intimidating.
     Mo woke up this morning, and was all bright eyed.  He came down the stairs and informed me that he had a dream that I was a nice mom that just allowed him to eat chips all day.  Dream on Mo boy is all I have to say to that one.  And I am way nice, even if chips aren't ok to eat 24/7.  Mo has also got all of these plans and dreams about his birthday.  He is constantly telling me of his birthday plans, even though, his birthday is six months away.  He has his cake picked out, and has a lot of ideas to share with me about gifts he desires.  It is going to be one spectacular event, if he has anything to do about it
     Chlo's desires to sleep in my room have taken a bizarre turn.  She has taken a stack of boxes of diapers to make her own bed with.  I had mistakenly clicked on a link on amazon that automatically sent a box of diapers to my door once a month, and we accumulated a nice stack before I figured it out...anyhow, Chlo had been sleeping at the bottom of my bed, at my feet.  But, she often got kicked in that position, and so she decided to give the box of diapers a whirl.  She lined them out neatly, and slept on them with blankets for several nights.  Last night, I was a little puzzled, when she took a barstool, turned it sideways, and filled it with Dilly's shoes, and wrapped it in a blanket.  She also had a cup of dried boo berry cereal in case she got hungry.  These items were all within reach, along with her sparkle pets.  Her bed looks terribly uncomfortable, and so I wasn't surprised when, once again, she ended up in my bed...never mind the fact that she has a perfectly good, and empty bunk bed just across the hall that she and Rooshkie share.
     There is also some eyebrow craze that the girls have been following to some degree.  I have watched them look at youtube tutorials on the latest and best ways to make your eyebrows look fabulous.  All of this has led Dill to do some odd things.  Yesterday she took a pen, and did some nice bold strokes in the middle of her forehead.  She then proceeded to walk next door to our one and only neighbors home, and remove all of her clothes.  She had fun playing in their yard, naked and with her painted on whiskers/eyebrows, until she got caught.  I am grateful there is a lot of us to keep an eye on Dill because I think she is kinda confused.  I can honestly say that Moroni has not been the best example at keeping his clothing on either.  One day when Jerusha was about Dill's age, I sent her down to my mothers.  She was with her older siblings, and my mom only lived a few houses away.  I walked them across the street, and I knew they would make it at that point.  Well, by the time they arrived, Rooshkie had not a stitch of clothes on.  None...she had removed her clothes, and my mom had thought that I had sent her down the street naked.  When I got the call (which was only a few minutes after the girls had left) my mom and I met and tried to figure out what she had done with her clothes.  We never did figure it out.  Needless to say that all of the kids have done this to one degree or another.  Poor Dill...I had to go get her, and ruin her fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment