Monday, September 30, 2013

     Well, it is official.  Moroni won today.  I keep thinking that I am up for the challenge that he provides, but today he is way more than I can handle.  I will try to admit defeat gracefully and move on.  It has been quite the week.
     Jerusha decided to open a snack bar for after school hours.  This is a cute idea and all, but I found ritz crackers in every nook and cranny imaginable.  In the corner, under the table, in the bookoo fudge.  In a rage I shut down the snack bar.  Jerusha begged and begged and I finally consented to let her reopen it if she cleans up some of the outrageous messes.  I am not seeing much improvement.  Jams and Sags want the opportunity to run the snack bar too, and so they changed it to the Bundy snack bar.  Anyhow, anytime Ryan and I run anywhere she has a list of supplies that she needs filled in order to run the snack bar.  It is getting to be a little out of control.  At least they aren't begging me for snacks though.  One of the items on her menu is a banana blast.  This has a banana, caramel, and whipping cream.  Jazzerz somehow got whipped cream all over her shoe, and then tracked that cream all over the house.  I have found smashed bananas in my carpet, and yogurt on the windowsill.  Maybe I need to make sure that the snack bar does not have the "to go" option.  Anyhow, hopefully Rooshkie is gaining some cooking skills in the process.  Otherwise I vote thumbs down to the snack bar. 
     It froze this week and started to cool off, which is nice.  I love the fall weather and the changing of the leaves.  I was going to take the kids out to see the colors this week, but it got too blasted cold on Fridee to do much of anything.  Ryan decided on Saturday to get the bikes up and going though.  That turned out to be a ton of work for him, but we had a great time riding down from the waterfall into Cedar City.  It was so much fun.  I loved it.  The leaves are changing, and we all were able to ride, thanks to Ryan's fix-it skills.  I figured I wasn't going to be able to go because of Mo and Chlo.  He found and fixed up a clunky bike trailer that I had purchased at a yard sale about five years ago.  He fixed it onto the back of his bike.  Moroni and Chlo were fixed up with pillows, blankets and marshmallows.  They loved the ride.  Ryan and I also decided to go out on the town too.  In the meantime at home Mo was getting very upset at getting ditched.  He got over it though.
     Shrsh was disasterous today.  I mentioned that Mo won.  He was terrible, and I am not sure that there is going to be a light at the end of the shrsh tunnel anytime soon.  He figured that everyone had come to the building to witness Mo on parade.  I cannot reason with him that this is simply not the case.  He began running back and forth and back and forth up front (we were on the front row, which is never good)  He then began branching out with his antics farther and farther.  He ventured over to a pretty gal and begged for cereal that she had brought to shrsh for her baby, he popped up and down, up and down from behind the bench at the family behind us.  I took him out a bunch of times, but he would scream to go back in.  I could usually get him to be good for a minute looking at baby animals in a book, but then he would remember that he had a show to put on.  He got so bold as to venture onto the stand.  It was fast and testimony day, and so I felt sheepish going up there after him.  Being that I was thinking about bearing my testimony anyway, I made the mistake of picking him up, and trying to bear my testimony.  He twisted and turned and screeeeeeeched loudly.  Finally one of the counselors in the bishopric took him, but he twisted away from him too and began doing a show right by the podium.  At this point, no one was listening to what I was saying, but watching Mo and his show.  Oak was laughing so hard he was practically bawling.  I finally just left with him, and looked at pictures of Jesus in the hall.  We are in for it every Sunday, but he will grow out of it.  It just might be awhile.  Ryan attempted to take him to the Nursery, but he bawled so hard over this that he almost threw up.  He then fell asleep for awhile, only to wake up, and go back to the bishopric member.  He demanded that the baby animals book be read by him.  He did help Mo out in this, but Mo insisted that every animal in the book was a puppy.  The pigs, the goats, everything.  Puppy.  He knows horses and cows too, but he was being stubborn.
     We got home from church and Chlo made up her mind to be a spooky ghost.  She attempted to be spooky in a flowery pillowcase.  She couldn't see anything and just kind of bobbed back and forth.  Mo finally just went up and hugged her.  This wasn't what Chlo had in mind.  She wanted to spook and to scare.  I finally told her that a flowery pillowcase just wasn't scary.  Poor Chlo.
     We went on another bike ride on Sunday afternoon.  It was so fresh and wonderful.  Mo and Chlo love riding in their trailer and the kids were just loving it. The would throw an arm up and yell and it was definitely worth the trouble to fix up the bikes.  I am so glad that Ryan can fix stuff.  He is a great dad. Ryan and I also went home teaching.  It was a good weekend spent together. 
     I went walking with my friends later, and Moroni threw a fit about this.  Ryan was glad though because he finally gave up and settled down in his arms.  He slept there for quite awhile, and he usually won't go down for Ryan. I can see that Mo is going to be a Daddy's boy.  He loves tractors, and horses, and he begs and bawls to go with Dad most days.  It will be nice when Ryan can take him too.
     Well, we shall see what transpires with the snack bar this week.  I am hoping that we can keep it open with fewer messes.  Jerusha even put out a tip jar, but I noticed that no one was tipping her. 
Poor Rooshkie.





No comments:

Post a Comment