Saturday, April 25, 2015

     Salem is making cute baby noises, Chlo is hounding me for something to eat, and Mo is dancing around in his underwear...a very typical day in the Bundy house.  Needless to say, that Mo has been bawling for most of the morning over dumb stuff, and I am glad that he stopped because my sympathy was gone.  It is morning, and no more sympathy left....not a good thing.
     He started out bawling because the toast that I made him was warm.  Serious tears even coming out of his eyes over that one.  Personally, I don't really enjoy cold toast, and toast is naturally warm because of the natural effects of.... toasting.  I sometimes am at a loss when my kids experience serious trauma over nothing.  He bawled and bawled in his bath, and bawled over the fact that he couldn't eat kettle corn all morning.  He was fed breakfast, along with his rejected toast, and the day just seemed to glide downhill from there.  Hopefully we can recover from the warm toast.
     Last weekend was as insane as it gets.  Ryan and Cliven decided that the orchard needed to be expanded.  Trees were for sale, and it was a good time to get things going.  We ran in to purchase the trees and left the kids working on a garden by the shop area at the ranch.  Ryan had lined out the kids with certain tasks that needed to be done, and we left with little Salem in tow.  He removed one of the seats out of the van and pushed it forward to make room for the trees, he filled the van with trees and mulch, and we headed back to the ranch for planting.  Cliven had also decided that it was time to let our Hot Toddy friend go.  Hot Toddy has been an incredible horse, and he has been struggling for awhile.  During melon season he would always sniff and whinny at me as I walked by.  This was his way of telling me that he would like a watermelon.  He would reluctantly eat any kind of melon, but watermelon was what he preferred.  He loved it.  It was also easy for him to eat, because his teeth were gone.  He also had a hard time walking, and huge cancerous sores were all over the sides of his once sleek, body.  My kids have always loved taking rides on that horse, and he was smart.  He knew if an adult was riding, or a kid, and he adjusted the way he acted depending on who was on his back.  If Ryan, or Cliven was on him, he knew it was time for business and he would chase cows.  If a child was on his back, he patiently walked around the attractions at the ranch and was gentle enough for the smallest of little riders.  It still makes me cry that he is gone.  Anyhow, everyone finally agreed to let him go, and Clance took care of our Hot Toddy friend.   No one wanted to do it, and I could see that Ryan was really relieved that Clance had put him out of his misery before we arrived back with the trees.  Stetsy had even said her goodbyes.  It is tough to get close to animals,  we usually outlive them.
     Anyhow, we planted our new orchard with the kids.  It was great fun.  The weather was great, and Sags only managed to knock a few things as she drove the van out of the orchard.  It is rough trying to teach kids to drive.  We have had lots of dinged out tail lights, and new dents in this process.  Its good for them though.
     Sunday was completely crazy.  We had way too much going on.  It was our day to take of Grandma Great.  I was trying to figure out how we could take care of her, do our lesson, help Oak give a speech in primary, and Ryan had been asked to bear his testimony in Chlo bird's class.  To top it all off, Salem had been up part of the night running a low grade fever.  I could tell she didn't feel good, and should not be in shrsh.  I was trying to work out an intricate schedule when Ryan just informed me that he was going to take care of his Grandma, and that I should take care of the shrsh duties.  My biggest problem?  My sick baby, and a little Mo-ster that was still coughing way too much to go to nursery.  I finally decided that I would take the kids to church, leave them there, and just have Sage come and watch my littles just while I gave my lesson, helped Oak, and bore my testimony in Chlo bird's class.  Everything felt pretty scattered, but hey, I did my best.  Oak was very disappointed in the length of his speech too.  Unfortunately, I had to get back to my class who was waiting.  I did my best, and yet, I know I could have somehow done better.
     We took care of Bailey's kids that afternoon because Bailey and Josh were trying to get their new home ready to move in.  We have had some interesting Sunday's to say the very least.  We invited the Lee's over one week, and the kids made some sort of a spook alley in the basement.  There was all sorts of shrieking and screaming going on.  All of this, while the adults were trying to have a normal conversation.  I must say that I love the Lee's.  Dawn stepped in, and took care of the calves with Stetsy after the whole BLM fiasco.  They had separated many cows and calves, and Dawn and her family came every night and morning to help bottle feed the dogies.  I loved her from the first moment I met her.  Our kids are all really close too.  Anyhow, I want to somehow be a Grandma with this woman, and so she and I have been trying out some matchmaking skills between some of the kids.  Not sure if it is working, but I really want to stay close with that family.  Tailen has been the big brother my girls have never had.
     To keep going with my interesting Sunday theme, the kids were acting interesting last Sunday.  They were doing these odd gestures with their hands.  Rooshkie, Jazz, and Oak were all involved in the secret sign language club.  I was getting mildly irritated with all of the secret gesturing going on.  I knew something was up, but none of them would tell me what.  I also had enough to juggle, that I didn't give it a whole lot of thought.  Well, the next day, Rooshkie came home out of sorts.  Her friends were getting together, and had left her out.  I felt bad for her for a moment, but then a text came through that they had sent earlier, inviting her to their activity, but I had gotten it late.  Sometimes my phone is bad with this kind of stuff.  People will send a text, and I won't get it, or I will get it a day later etc.  Anyhow, at that point, I told her no, because it was getting to be time for families to be together, and my car was out of gas.  I told her to feel better, because hey, the kids had really not left her out.  Anyhow, I got cooking dinner, and noticed later that she was missing.  I instantly had the kids out scouring the surrounding desert for our little Rooshkie friend.  I was starting to wonder if she had decided to walk to her friends house without telling me. It was then that I remembered their secret club gestures.  I went and found Jazz and asked her where the location was to their secret club house.  She told me all matter-of-fact that it was just on the roof....WHAT?  Our roof isn't exactly a nice flat surface!  Yeah, I kinda freaked out just a little.  I instructed
Jazz to check the secret club, and that from then on, no more roof top meetings!  Sure enough, heartbroken Rooshkie was on the roof reading a Percy Jackson book.  Glad, I figured all of that out and put a stop to that club activity before it resulted in an injury.
     Speaking of our little Rooshkie, she has been on one lately.  One of the girls will text message me, needing a ride, or something of the sort.  Rooshkie will intercept the phone before I get it, and will send a string of selfies in return.  She uses my phone to record herself singing, or practicing her spelling words.  She cannot read her scriptures unless they are on my phone.  I think she is turning into a device girl.  She sent my Dad a selfie last night too.  C'mon little Rooshkie!  There is more to life than surfing around on the i-phone.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment