Monday, May 7, 2018

     Trail blazed through another week.  We have had some strange viruses going through the family this week.  It has been kinda rough.  I was up most of the night one night with Dill.  She was nauseous and throwing up.  Ryan had fevers and chills another night. And I was feeling really weird on Friday...not so bad that it kept me down, but I just felt so worn out and nauseous.  Jamie and Sage were gone all week, which meant that I didn't have to go pick Jams up every day at 11:20, but it also meant that I had to run every single errand.  I had no idea how much that helps...just having the teenagers drive kids around or grabbing groceries.  They never do get the right things at the store when I send them, but I will try to quit complaining about that. 
     So, this morning, Ryan had brought a sour dough start from his parents house.  He was really excited to start using it, and frankly so was I.  I have not had a good sourdough pancake in a long time.  So...I am telling this story for posterity's sake, but it grosses me out to even discuss it.  Anyhow, I have had some flour in a jelly jar in the pantry for awhile.  One day awhile ago, I noticed that it had been bombarded by little brown bugs.  That is one thing that I hate about living in the this climate.  Bugs seem to invade everything.  Anyhow...why I did not throw the dum stuff out is beyond me....I must have been being lazy, or spacy or whatever.  Anyhow, I opened another package which was clean, and I began storing it in the fridge or freezer to prevent the dum bugs....again...why did I not throw the flour out???  If I could possibly do it, I would kick myself. 
     Anyhow, back to the sourdough...he restarted the sourdough with the buggy flour.  Honestly, the bugs are small and brown and look almost exactly like flax seed...I mentioned that the flour was yucky and full of bugs and he shrugged like he didn't care one little bit.  He then went on to make himself a few pancakes with it.  No...I do not think I will get over it.  I did not ask, nor do I want to know if he made any pancakes for the kids.  I mentioned the bugs to him one more time and asked if bugs would help the start to grow...he shrugged and said that the bugs didn't bother him in the slightest.  I like to think of myself as pretty unsqueamish...but maybe I'm more picky than I initially thought.  Needless to say that I will be taking care of the sourdough start from here on out. 
     Dill has been her sassy and bossy self, and she gets way offended if we laugh at anything she does or says.  That has made things rather difficult because she says and does hilarious things all the time.  The other day she mentioned that Heavenly Father did not love her.  This was expressed to me as we sat down together to have a bowl of soup for lunch.  My heart broke as she told me this, because I know Heavenly Father really loves her...I have felt that love as I have watched her grow, heard blessings upon her little head, and prayed for her.  I disagreed and asked her why she would even think such a thing.  She mentioned that it was because she was loud.  She liked to make noise and so Heavenly Father did not love her.  It took me a minute to contemplate that.  When we are at church, or praying to Heavenly Father...or discussing Him in church we are always telling her to be quiet.  She just cannot seem to do it...like ever.  When we pray, she cannot seem to keep still, and she is a wiggle worm that has much to discuss during shrsh meetings.  Today, Oak included a vial of slime.  She played with that dumb stuff the entire time.  Most likely because Moroni desperately wanted to play with it.  It kept her quiet and happy.  Slime might just be the new diaper bag item. 
     So, next week is spring break.  I think we will be going camping for a few days.  This is so that Ryan can work on waterlines on the mountain.  Jerusha was kinda sad at this because hey, all of her friends have gone to exotic locations around the globe for spring break.  We just are not like other families and we never have been.  I hope Ryan and I don't regret some of this stuff later, but almost everything we ever do has a work agenda.  Have we made some great memories as a family inspite of this?  Absolutely, but we just do not know how to play very well.  I would love to rent a beach house and just soak up sand and sun for a week, but Ryan just cannot handle being leisurely.  Even on our honeymoon in Hawaii, he was looking around for ranches that we could volunteer to work on for a few days.  He just doesn't know how to deal with down time.  And maybe he dealt with way too much of it in jail. 




 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment