Wednesday, May 8, 2013

     Well, our Sunday was very fun because we invited the Aitchison's over for dinner.  Robin is due with her fifth baby in 10 days or so, and we thought it would be nice to give her a break from cooking.  Besides, the Aitchison's are fun to be with.  Her mom came too, and she was great.  Anyhow, the house got a little crazy with 11 kids running around.  Moroni kept getting into Cleod's dinner, and he (Mo) also bit me a few times?  What is up with Mo?  Anyhow, Robin and I kept checking on Cora and Chlo, and for the most part they played really well.  We caught them on Chlo's bed playing with stuffed animals, and they looked like the best of pals.  At one point, I asked Jazzerz to go and check on them.  She came back, and said that they had locked her out of the bedroom.  This was not a good thing because the kids have a knob on their door, that used to be on the front door.  It requires a key and everything.  I urged Jazzerz to try one more time.  Chlo yelled, "not by the hair of my chin-y chin chin!"  I then told Jazz to see if she could get in through the window.  Luckily she was able to.  Chlo and Cora had quite a good time together.  They just wanted to be undisturbed I guess. 
     A little while later, Chlo came up missing again.  Cora had fallen asleep, and where was Chlo???  We actually found her in Jams and Sags room.  Grant was painting her thumb and thumbnail with a few bold colors.  Red and black.  Luckily we caught that situation before it got too serious too.
     Yesterday was busy.  I had to go to St. George because Jazz needed a cavity filled.  Ryan also needed to be in St. George for a business meeting and so we decided to go together.  I made arrangements for Sags, Wames, and Rooshkie, to get a ride from a lady in the ward after play practice.  Her son is also in the play.  Ryan had pulled an all nighter working on a bid, and I woke him as late as possible.  He had to be at his business meeting at 11 am.

     We had decided to just attend the meeting together.  It was Canon company and they were promoting some of their printers and computer programs.  They were going to have a presentation and a lunch, and then they were giving us free tickets to the movie, with no obligation to buy.  When we walked in, Ryan explained that the children were with us, but that he did not expect them to purchase lunch for them.  He was going to pay for them, but the sales reps were really gracious and acted like it was not a big issue to have them there.  I knew from experience that they were going to be a big deal.  I had hopes that they wouldn't be, but figured it was going to be a fiasco.  I was right.
     To start off with, they asked us what we wanted to drink.  Because we had the children, I wanted the financial impact to be minimal, so I told him that we just wanted water.  He brought everyone a cup of ice water and I should have told him "no thanks" to the straws.  I whispered to the kids that they were not to blow bubbles in their drinks.  Too bad they have learned to ignore my warnings.  The room was as quiet as a pin when the sales rep in her business suit switched on a projector with pie charts, and diagrams.   I immediately was aware of Oak blowing bubbles which was slopping water all over the table.  Chlo finished up her water and began to slurp loudly.  She then let out a loud burp.  They had also noticed that other people had ordered soft drinks and were making demands for root beer.  Oak began to loudly complain that he was "starving to death".  All during this the lady droned on about the amazing products of Canon.  Ryan was really into the presentation, asking questions and such.  After Jazz started to slurp I ushered them all outside. 
     The presentation was at Ancestor Square in the Pasta Factory.  It was homey around that place.  There was a tranquil water fall, and pond,  old pioneer homes, and green grass and boulders for the kids to play on.  The day was beautiful and I was thankful to be there.  I had to get after Oak a little because there are businesses all over the little square and Oak was chasing the kids and roaring so loud that it was making my head pound.  I lost complete control over them for a minute when they began to play Hide-n-Seek.  I had to make them stop because I didn't like not knowing where they were.  In the middle of the square is an old jail cell.  It apparently housed Butch Cassidy quite a few times.  I was hoping I could put the kids in there to play.  It actually looked quite cozy inside, and then I would know for sure where they were.  Anyhow, it was locked up tight.  Boo to that.
     Ryan texted that the presentation was over and they were catering the lunch.  We went inside and other than Oak complaining loudly about the black things in the salad (olives)  the kids were good during lunch. 
     After lunch, Ryan dropped me off at the temple.  It has been too long since I attended.  He took the kids to the visitor's center and the park.  I enjoyed my two hours.  It was badly needed.
     As soon as I got out of the temple, Jamie started calling.  She couldn't figure out where we were and what we were doing even though I had explained everything in detail several times.  She told me that she needed me to come and get her because she didn't need to be at play practice.  Um, that was not going to happen.  She then asked if she could just walk home.  I thought that she meant that she was going to ride the bus to the bus stop, and then walk from fiddlers canyon.  This makes me a little nervous, but I figured she could do it just for one day.  I consented and told her to text me as soon as she got home. 
     We went to Jazzerz dental appointment which took a whole five minutes.  Jazzerz does not like to be numb and so he just fixed her cavity, and we were on our way.  We had about six hours to kill before the movie, which I might add, they insisted on giving us enough movie tickets for all of the kids too.  We decided to get some grocery shopping done.  I also wanted to see if they had any good books at the DI.  During our shopping I started to get nervous because I had not heard from Jamie.  I figured her walk would take 30 minutes tops.  After an hour I got nervous.  Ryan called the school, and Sags said that she had gone home.  We then sent Tammy Nesmith out looking for her, and after an hour and a half she finally texted.  She had walked clear home...from the school.  She had missed the bus, and walked over four miles.  She said she got lost a few times too.  Not a good thing.  I apologized profusely to Tammy.  I owe her some hot poppin' bread or something.  I hope Jams enjoyed her adventure.  I would never have given her permission to do that.
     Ryan fed the kids chicken nuggets at the DI while I ran in and checked out their book selection.  I got some great finds too.  Jazzerz wanted to check out the new C-A-L Ranch in St. George so we went there next.  Oak and Chlo were being very loud and naughty.  I started browsing through some of the clothes, with Mo on my hip when he desperately started yelling for his Dad.  It was hilarious.  Mo did not want to be caught dead browsing through the women's stuff.  He yelled louder and louder unti Ryan came and got him. He was content to go look at guns with Ryan. 
     The movie was next.  Canon had rented a whole theater for their guests.  They also had set up a huge table filled with concessions for us.  They gave each of the kids their own box of popcorn, a king-sized candy, and a drink.  Chlo was in heaven.  All of the kids were good during the previews because they were happily eating their popcorn, but all of this wore off pretty quick for the Mo-ster.  He came toddling over and grabbed my drink.  The lady in front of me leaned forward, and a loud splash from my drink was heard.  I apologized to her and beat it out of there.  What else can I really do at that point.  Mo and I ended up popping in and out where he would shriek loudly, and we would quickly leave to walk the halls.  Jazzerz told me later that Oak was sliding down the big railing, putting his hands in other people's popcorn and running around with Chlo.  Not good.  Ryan better by a Canon printer is all I can say.  They deserve it.
     Jamie went and got braces this morning.  Chlo asked her why she was wearing bracelets on her teeth.  She is pretty sore tonight, but still excited to get her teeth straightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment