Sunday, May 26, 2013

     This week has been great, but so busy that I am glad it is over.  The play was this past weekend and so the kids had a lot of hours of practice to put in.  We also had orthodontist appointments, young womens, and all of the regular end-of-school year stuff that makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.  I have been so busy this week that no one has had any socks to wear.  I am way behind on laundry.  Anyhow, this week should be less busy.  I will get caught up. 
     Chlo has been on one this week to top it all off.  We have just raced from one thing to the next, and have been at home only at scattered intervals.  The kids kept complaining that Chlo was stealing the silverware.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she would do this, and so I spacily ignored their complaints.  Anyhow from time to time I would notice that there seemed to be less spoons, but I thought it was because I was loading the dishwasher too full.  Anyhow, finally on Saturday, Jazzerz came to me to say that she had found Chloee's stash of silverware.  Why was she taking it???? I have no answer for that.  I did notice a few times that the kids would ask her for a spoon and she was able to produce one though.  She had been stashing them in between the couch and the window.

     She also took a few of my round cake pans and proceeded to clank and clomp all over the house with them.  It was crash, crash, all over the tile floor.  I must admit that my nerves were quite shot over this activity.  She has also been taking my step aerobics step and playing with it quite vigorously.  She was being a "hover cricket?"  (these are her own words.)  Ryan and I found the step aerobics step covered with towels in our bathroom, covered with blankets in our bed, and spread out amongst blankets and pillows in the hall.  I still haven't quite figured out what she is doing.  Anyhow, I am glad she has had a good time amidst all of the busy chaos.

     Sager, Rooshkie, and Wams did a great job in the play this weekend!  I was as proud as punch!  I was way impressed with how much Sage had memorized.  It was like an entire book.  The kids did great and it was way fun to see all of their hard work pay off.  The last night they had bought Sage a bouquet of roses and were sure to tell everyone that she was only in sixth grade.  She and my other girls really wowed them.  My mom and dad came over the first night and helped me chase Moroni around.  Sage had even reserved Ryan and I a seat up front, but I couldn't sit there too much.  Momo was wanting to be the star of the show.  He was one step away of climbing on stage at one point, but luckily I caught him in the nick of time.  My Dad finally took him out, and Mo had him worn out in no time.  Watching Mo brings out the athlete in all of us.  Barry and Mindi came over the next night.  Ryan kept the kids and I was able to video tape most of it.  I am sure we will love watching it again and again. 

     Ryan got the kids some show steers rounded up this week too.  He has been busy with little Oak, fixing fences and hanging gates.  He has leased a piece of property just under the overpass so the kids can do their chores and work their steers.  Jamie's steer is just lazy and likes to eat, but Sage's is going to give her a run for her money.  I am glad Ryan has some tricks to try to tame him down.  I wouldn 't have the foggiest clue what to do.  All in all, a great week.  I am glad we found our silverware, and I am glad there is no more play practice!



No comments:

Post a Comment