Tuesday, January 20, 2015

     Another week and a half flown by!  We are so busy that the days just slip through my fingers.  We are settling into life down here in Nevada.  Most of my kids are enjoying it a ton better than our life in Utah.  I am loving having a place to call home, and I am still trying to remember not to get too spoiled.  I took so many blessings for granted, and want to always be grateful for the things that I have.  I love, this house a ton.
     The kids are settled into school, and I take Mo and Chlo down to sell and pick melons every day.  I have never been a "working mom" and yet this is the closest thing to that I have ever been.  I really hate that I am not at home when my children walk through the door from school, and yet most evenings are spent all together in the rows and rows of Bundy melons.  We probably spend more time together now than we ever have.  I wish I could say that we are always getting along in the rows of melons, but this would be a lie.  The kids get fighting about the dumbest stuff.  All of the older ones have learned how to operate the skid loader and of course they all think that they are the best operator.  I must admit that Jazzerz operating skills leave a bit to be desired, but hey, I don't even know how to turn the engine on.  I have no room to talk.  They fight about who is helping, and who isn't, and who is digging around in the dirt instead.  Rooshkie wants to take melon breaks pretty much non-stop, and Oak usually finds some reason why he needs to make a run to the ranch house.  Overall though, it has been great.  I love working together.
     Mo's little imagination is starting to run wild.  I love watching him grow.  He is really quite hilarious.  He is a different animal every time I turn around.  My least favorite of these is when he chooses to be a frog.  The frog has a tendency to use me as a spring board.  I have told him and told him that my large and pregnant bump is really not to be used to spring from, but he does not seem to get it.  He is a donkey quite often too.  When he chooses to be a lion, he insists that we shoot him with an imaginary gun so that he can tip over in a dramatic fashion.  He will whisper "shoot me..." it is then expected that a loud gun shot cracks and he tips to one side or the other.  He also seems to think that he is a good hair dresser.  The other morning he motioned for Jazzerz to bring her comb so that he could fix her hair.  I cannot say that he does a good job.  Anyhow, Jazz is a good sport to allow him to mess with her hair at all.
     Chlo and Mo were playing a game of "brains" the other day when they somehow bumped into each other, and Mo split his head open.  Brains is a game that is played when they chase each other around and yell "brains" at other just for grossed out laughs and spookiness, I guess.  It gets pretty wild.  I am glad that he and Chloee play pretty good together these days for the most part. 
     Chlo has also learned how to drive a truck.  She ended up driving the truck in the hay field the other day for the men as they gathered the hay.  She informed her dad, after this task was complete, that he doesn't ever have to drive again.  She would like to be his chauffeur.  I umm don't think so Chlo.  I am surprised that you are even able to reach the pedals enough to drive in the hay field...sorry.
     It has been so long since I had anything to do with the business world.  I am sure that Chlo and Mo hinder business a bit with my melon customers.  Almost all of my customers are snow birds that live in Mesquite.  I am seriously kind of jealous when I hear where some of these people are from because many of them live in a beautiful area all summer, and then come down for our mild winters...seriously the best of both worlds.  Anyhow, their cars are usually new, spic and span, and they usually pack boxes in their pristine trunks so that the melons don't roll around and get ruined.  What makes me frown, is when I go around to help them load their melons, and Chlo and Mo have crawled in their trunk, and are hiding in their boxes.  This cannot be good for business, even though most of them get a kick out of it.  It makes me frown....especially when they are looking particularly grubby, which is just something that happens at the ranch.  They eat melon, then they roll around in the dust, and the results are not always pretty.  Anyhow, I have been amazed at little Chlo and how much she pitches in now that her siblings are gone most of the day.  She can really pack some heavy melons, and she is always right there to help.  Nice little Chlo.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment