Tuesday, January 20, 2015

     Well, our beautiful baby girl got blessed yesterday, and it was a great weekend.  Salem Esther Bundy was finally what Ryan settled on, and we seriously debated over names so long and hard, that I wondered if she would ever get a name.  Part of the problem is that we have too many opinions.  Someone not only disliked, but hated every name that was ever mentioned.  Likewise, some of the kids passionately loved some of the names so much, that they were almost insistent upon certain ones.  Even as Ryan pronounced her name in the blessing, Sage groaned and Jerusha face palmed herself in the forehead.  We prayed about it, Ryan fasted, and we felt that Salem fit her....nice, complete, and peaceful baby.  I am hoping Sags will get used to it.
     We had such a great time with family this weekend.  I don't get anywhere enough time with my family these days, and it is so fun when we are together.  We always have plenty to laugh about.  I love that we can tease each other, and laugh at some of the crazy things we came up with as children.  My parents had no idea what they were signing up for when we were brought into the world....I only regret that there is not more of us.  My parents couldn't come because of tithing settlement, but three out of the four brothers made it.  The Bundy's were way supportive too...Stetsy and Clance had their baby Roper blessed too, and it gave everyone even more reason to come.  I love my family, and I adore the Bundy's.
     We had some interesting times these past few weeks.  One thing that I usually forget, and my mother usually reminds me, is that the two year old of the family usually causes more work than the baby.  This is definitely the case in our situation.  The problem arises that so much time is initially spent nursing the new child...this causes a back log of messes that really need to be cleaned up, and the toddler usually feels somewhat neglected, and so they act up more to some degree.  I love...actually love is not even a strong enough word, I adore my little Mo, but man, he has been a handful lately.  He is still the one that I end up hanging out with in the night.  Baby Salem sleeps wonderfully.  I woke up last week to cookie crumbs scattered all over in my bed....I believe that Mo may be to blame for this.  I HATE any kind of crumbs in my bed....seriously, I cannot stand it.  My kids learn rather early that I can wade through a whole lot of messes, but if it is in my bed...they are in deep double dutch trouble....I tried, that morning to let things slide with the crumbs in my bed, and because it was early, and I was sleepy, I must not have noticed all of the cookie crumbs in the shower too.  I drew myself a gross, soggy, smooshed up cookie bath to start my day.  This had me frowning and sighing big time.  I love my Mo...but really?  Let's respect some boundaries please!
     In the meantime, we are still trying to get settled in a different home.  I love this home, by the way, but Ryan is still bringing boxes back from Cedar City every trip.  I am also starting to get quite concerned about Christy the deer.  Ryan's impressive deer mount has been lovingly named "Christy" by Chlo.  The problem is, there is really nowhere suitable to hang Christy, and I am afraid that abuse is being heaped upon him.  He gets cars driven on him by Mo all the time, and I know this cannot be good.  Hopefully we can get everything in its place soon.
     Mo also caused me a disgusting mess the other morning when he chose to dump a large glass of water in the corn pops cereal bag.  I entered the kitchen in the morning to corn pops scattered from one end of the kitchen to the other.  It was morning, and I am happy and full of energy in the morning, and so I happily started cleaning it up...just for good measure, I went to grab myself a handful of the sunny, happy cereal, and was met with a soggy mess....seriously ruined my bag of corn pops with his water experiments.  Boo Mo!
     We also had a horrible tragedy in the family last week.  Ryan's cousin, Rod Jensen, was hit head on in his car on the way to work one morning, and killed instantly.  It was so sudden, and he was so young.  Sad...we enjoyed seeing everyone at the funeral, and the Jensen family is awesome....many of them double cousins with Ryan.  I had to get after Oak a little bit because he and Bronco were enjoying wrastling around the cemetery.  Oak and Bronco are best buddies, and they just didn't understand the solemn occasion thing.  I guess that is understandable.
     We also had a great Thanksgiving with the Bundy's.  Ryan used the Mikkelsen's smoker and smoked a turkey.  Seriously...some of the best turkey ever.  It was actually almost gone by the time I got myself some dinner.  I sat down to feed the baby, and figured there would be tons...not so, with Ryan's incredible turkey.  We had a great time enjoying all of these little babies that have come to the family.  Hanna is due any day now, and we are excited for her baby to be joining us too.
     I love this time of year!  I love Christmas, and all of the wonderful spirit that goes with it.  I got my nativity out the other day, and Mo just loves playing with the camels.  I am so glad that I got this set at the DI, because Mo is hard on the camels.  Naturally, the two camels are friends and are trotting all of the house because of Mo.  I noticed that baby Jesus has been glued back together too.  This must have been Mo's contribution last year, and it has been such an insane year, I don't even remember him breaking it.
     Mo informed me that a Monster has given him a cup of lemonade.  It was really a cup of ordinary water that was taken out of the fridge, but hey...I am glad that Mo has a bright imagination.  Thankfully we have a nice, lemonade sharing monster around here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment