Tuesday, January 20, 2015

     Well, we have had some weeks quickly slip by.  My baby is four weeks old today, and I have enjoyed the wonderful little person that she is.  I am finally at that point that I am not so sore and tired from the birth, and I am just loving rocking her and holding her little warm body.  She is great. 
     Thankfully, Mo has really enjoyed going with Ryan most days, and there hasn't seemed to be much for jealousy where he is concerned.  He loves his little sister and likes holding her and taking care of her.  All of the kids are constantly fighting over who gets to hold her and change her and bathe her etc....truly we love babies around our house.
     Fall has been way gorgeous down here.  I never thought I would survive the summer and all of its heat and flies.  It really was one of the hardest times ever.  It really made me appreciate having a home and a kitchen and all of the little things that I had taken for granted so long.  I am feeling so blessed these days.  My baby is healthy, we have a home, and we have the gospel.
     Last Sunday we had a few mishaps in shrsh that I should take note of.  Chlo is still in the habit of building things out of hymn books.  Usually she makes herself a little bench to sit on.  It does not make a whole lot of sense because she sets it up on the bench, which is way more comfortable than sitting on a bunch of hymn books.  Mo has been especially impossible in shrsh lately.  Last Sunday I was very mortified when he began chucking a wet paper towel around the place.  We were on the front row too, which I hate.  Anyhow, there were three girls singing on the stand.  They were doing a lovely job too.  Mo threw the wet paper towel at them, and gratefully missed, but everyone saw the dumb thing whizz through the air and land on the stand.  I was so embarrassed that I wanted to crawl under Chloee's pile of hymn books.  Today, I got in the chapel first, and I headed straight to the back...much more my style.  Chlo did get a horrible case of the giggles, and Mo moved some chairs to and fro, but we did a little better today.  I don't think that I will have to worry about Mo being able to chuck anything on the stand if we are way in the back.
     Today Mo came out of nursery proudly waving a little paper that he had made.  It had a picture of Adam and Eve with a few animals from the Garden of Eden.  I asked him about Adam and Eve and the lesson.  He claimed that he didn't learn anything about Adam and Eve, but had learned about "Weindeer"  (there was a picture of a deer on the photo with Adam and Eve.)  Whatever Mo...I am sure that this was not the main idea of the lesson.
     Mo has also continued to give us fits in the night.  He often crawls in our bed with cars, and if he cannot be in our bed, he bawls and wants to be.  Whew, it is not going to be easy to get him outta there.  I cannot help but smile when I see him tromp around in his diaper and boots.  He is the cutest little cowboy ever.  He wants to rope and catch cows...those are his desires.
     We had a tragic accident in the family last week.  Rod Jensen, and Donnie Collins were travelling to work in Vegas, when a car crossed the median and hit them head on.  They were all killed instantly.  Wow...what a sudden blow.  We all loved Rod, and his kids were married, but way too young to be without their Dad.  It was all horribly sad and sudden.  We attended his funeral on Saturday and donated melons.  It was really good.  I enjoyed listening to stories about him.  It was a good day and we enjoyed seeing all of the Bundy's and Jensen's.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment