Sunday, July 14, 2013

     We had a great time speaking in shrsh in the Hatch ward today.  I am so grateful that two of my brothers were able to be there as well.  We had a great time, and a great day.  I must say that Hatch is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.  It was so green and fragrant over there.  I love sitting on my parents porch and listening to the river, and watching the cows graze.  It is great.
     My sis-in-law Mindi, had brought a great big box of fashionable beads to my mom's for the girls to make bracelets and necklaces with.  The kids had a ball making themselves some hip accessories.  Mindi used to make beaded watches for extra cash, and so she has some really pretty beads.  They all made themselves a nice beaded bracelet for shrsh.  Troy and Brandon were also there and Troy was nice enough to push the Beek on the swing for awhile.  Barry and I teased my mom about her pepto-bismal nails, and I was told early on by Barry, that I looked like a "Joyce," and a U-dot employee...nice.  Just the look I was hoping for.
     Tammy Nesmith gave us a little back rest that massages the lower back.  It has been funny to watch Moroni hop up onto the couch, and press the massage button.  The kids brought the massager on the trip and I was mildly annoyed that Chlo had to have it on for the two blocks that we drove to church.  I had to run out to the car later to get some books to entertain Mo Man and it was still buzzing.  C'mon Chlo...you haven't worked hard enough to require a back massage!
     Lyvia and Chlo were all about having good times in sacrament meeting today.  They came and sat by us on the stand and were chucking their beaded bracelets against the wall, and then scrambling under the chairs to retrieve them. So it was throw, bang, scramble...over and over. Who would have thought that they could create such a distraction with their bracelets? Chlo then removed her boots.  Doug and Larissa came and sat on the stand and helped me out with them during our speeches.  My Dad had to finally take Mo out, he was so naughty.  Too bad, he missed Ryan's speech.  Jazz and Jerusha told some stories from our family history, Sags and Wams wrote really good stuff, and Wams told the story about Lincoln Bundy's mom praying over him when he had appendicitis.  Sags also played the flute, which was great.  All in all, it was good for us to study and prepare.  We have not spoken in church for a long time.
     After Shrsh it was fun just hanging out with the family.  Lyvia and Chlo were hilarious.  They mothered baby dolls, and carted them around everywhere.  Lyvia and Moroni also got quite intent on sweeping all over the place.  They wacked each other with brooms quite often in the process.  The funniest, was when Doug and Larissa were ready to leave, Lyvia had all sorts of bracelets up and down her arm.  They explained to her that she could only keep two.  With that, she dashed up the stairs, and was not cool with the idea of leaving most of the bracelets behind.  Doug kept telling her that she was going to have to come down with only two bracelets.  My mom and I were sitting on the couch that is under the staircase, and we felt a shower of beads raining down on our heads.  Beads just being chucked, in retaliation.  I chuckled because I love little Lyvia.  She is a gal with spunk.  We definitely plan on going back over for the Hatch 24th celebration.  After all...Ryan is the Hatch horseshoe champ, and we like to watch the cows in the fields go nuts because of the fireworks.  I cannot wait for that!













    

No comments:

Post a Comment