Friday, July 12, 2013

     We have had a game show going on at our house most of the day.  Tammy Nesmith next door gave the children a microphone this morning, and it came with a stand and a button that allows you to hear applause any and all of the time.  Jerusha has been the host and her sponsors have been "Jazzerz Mattress Store," and "Chlo's Ice Cream Shop." There was applause and cheering after everything that was done in the game show. The microphone sounds pretty staticky and so it was kind of a relief when the batteries wore out.  I didn't volunteer any new ones, but that didn't stop the game show and the lip syncing. It has been a great toy.  I am not sure how the game show worked, but thank goodness for our sponsors.  I think I will purchase a mattress from Jazzerz just to show my appreciation.
     Ryan caught a bug last night, skittering across the kitchen floor.  He put it in a jar because it was interesting looking.  Jamie, looked it up, and it was in the guiness book of world records for being the fastest invertebrate. It is called a "camel spider." They named him Conrad and played with him most of the day.  They do bite, but they aren't venomous.  They caught grasshoppers and watched him munch on them, they watched him make a hut out of dirt.  Who would have thought that Conrad could provide so much entertainment.  We had to keep Mo away, though.  He was longing to hold Conrad.
    Jazz had to go get a tooth fixed yesterday.  We decided to go to the splash park.  There is a great splash park down by the Tabernacle.  It has a cool little waterfall and river that runs through the place.  Oak bumped heads with some kid, and it kind of ruined his experience, but everyone else had a great time. We got rained out, which was just lovely.  I have totally been thrilled with the rainy weather.  What a blessing!  It has cooled things off, and freshened everything up.  I love it, absolutely love it!
     Chlo didn't come with us to the splash park.  She wanted to go and finish concrete with her dad.  She was decked out in mud boots and everything.  Ryan said that he handed her some finishing tools and she went right to work.  Nice little worker Chlo.  All that she required for payment was an ice cream.  And speaking of Chlo, she has been pretty much eating nothing, but "angry birds" popsicles.  My parents dropped off a box of them on Monday, and everytime I see her, she has another one, and another one, and another one.  I might have to lock the freezer.  This cannot be a good diet for Chlo.  She has been the one kid who has been completely unreasonable when it comes to food.  I know what it takes to break her of this habit.  I just cannot seem to focus and get it done. I do pretty good for a few days, and then we are back to pandering to her requests.  She will eat eggs, peanut butter sandwiches, tortillas, and cereal.  That is pretty much it.  I keep thinking she will grow out of it, but not yet.  I always have so much going on, that I cannot seem to focus on the problem.  Hopefully, inspite of my short comings, she will learn to eat more stuff.
     My Dad has asked us to come and speak in Hatch in his ward this weekend.  It has been great to see the kids work on their speeches.  Jazzerz talk is just a few sentences, but she wrote the whole thing herself.  Sage thought that she had a really long speech, and it is like two paragraphs.  Ryan and I will just have to make our speeches extra long...either that, or I have heard tales that the Hatch ward will just let everyone out early.  I am looking forward to seeing the family.  It will be great fun.
     Well, I will keep you posted on Conrad.  He might make a great, long lasting pet if we can just keep feeding him grasshoppers.  The kids are way excited about him.



     In the picture of the Beekster, it appears that the Bookoo fudge is getting out of control.  The Bookoo fudge is our blanket storage.  Sage used to love to leap in the blankets and she named it the Bookoo fudge.  We always have a fudge going somewhere, but it gets out of control, and must be cleaned from time to time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment