Saturday, May 21, 2016

     Things are definitely heating up around here.  There were rumors about another BLM cattle round up, but I think they would melt before any cows were gathered.  Whenever we have tried to work cows in the heat, it is just too much stress on the cows.  It can kill them.  I highly doubt that anything will happen until at least fall.  I am prepared to go and stand with my family if they try anything. 
     Chlo has not felt well over the past few days, and I was relieved to wake her up this morning, because she was doing much better.  She had complained about a sore throat, and she was running low grade fevers.  She and Mo had a nice time building with blocks and watching Scooby Doo reruns while she recovered.  I am grateful she is ok now.  I know that she will be sad when she realizes that she missed her opportunity to go bowling with the school.  Poor, little Chlo.
     Oak had a few friends over yesterday.  They are a set of twins in his grade and wow...there was loud noises, and wrestling going on like you would not believe.  Poor Oak needed some male bonding time, I could tell.  They got in the water trough, and wrastled and thrashed around like there was no tomorrow.  For whatever reason, he got up really early this morning, got dressed and came and assisted me with a few things.  He got himself breakfast, packed himself a lunch and seemed quite eager to be going to school.  This behavior has me quite baffled.  Could there be a girl he likes?  I am going to see if Wazz will do a little spying for me.
     Mo has been busy creating helicopters with his blocks this morning.  He is very intent and serious about his work.  He and Dill are at odds with each other, pretty much all of the time.  It was so nice to have Oak around at that age, because he always took care of Chloee, and he always put her first.  I cannot say that Chlo or Mo have been the same with their younger siblings.  Anyhow, it is a fight almost at all times, because when she grabs something to play with, he immediately takes it from her, and I have to get after him.  It is a terrible cycle... hopefully he will start to understand how important it is for him to take care of his little sister.
     Mo has been interesting lately to say the least.  He tells me non-stop how much he misses his dad and constantly asks me why he doesn't just come home.  Jail is a concept he just doesn't get, and I hope he always understands that his Dad is not a man who did anything bad.  He gets all kinds of upset if his food isn't cooked or done just right still, and I have learned to just walk away from his nonsense, and he will usually eat whatever is available, if I just don't engage in an argument with him.  Yesterday was Saggers birthday and she wanted chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.  I of course obliged because it was such a simple request.  Mo was mad though...mad that his pancake had chocolate chips.  I just don't get it...how can chocolate chips ruin anything?  Then he began to complain about the brand of syrup and he wanted a different kind.  A kind person in the ward actually brought over some homemade syrup the other day that is such a beautiful combination of buttery and sweet goodness.. He requested that syrup.  I got it out, and then he began complaining about something else that had to do with the pancake, or the plate, or something.  I finally just went downstairs to get on with the day.  He ate his pancake, and probably too much of the homemade syrup to boot.  I think sometimes he just feels the need to be difficult.
     An hour hadn't passed when he complained that he was completely starving again.  He just couldn't take the hunger.  He begged for lunch, ramen noodles or anything.  I finally told him that I would be happy to make him some ramen noodles, but it would need to count as an early lunch.  He readily agreed.  And so, I made him some ramen noodles, and once again went to try to clean something.  He came down and told me how delicious everything had been.  Not an hour had passed when he demanded a pickle sandwich.  I was kind of confused about that one.  Never...not even during my many pregnancies had I ever eaten a pickle sandwich.  I have never made one, and was confused.  I got out some canned chicken, and he was insistent that he wanted nothing but bread and pickles.  I finally shrugged and made him one.  He demanded several more.  I just cannot keep up with that kid and his demands.  He wants to eat pretty much all the time. 
     For her birthday Sags wanted to go and get a haircut.  I was 100% against that idea.  I agreed that a trim would be fine, but we argued and fought about it until she was sitting in the chair with a young beauty student.  I figured that she was going to side with Sage and tell her how cute, short, and sassy that her hair could be, but she didn't.  She told Sage that many women would kill for hair as gorgeous as hers, and she assisted me in talking Sage out of the drastic cut she desired.  She still cut way more off than I would have liked, but it is still quite long.  Nothing against short hair, but it finally grew after her complaining about it not growing for years.  I just cannot take her regretting the cut right  now.  She is struggling enough as it is.  Sage misses her Dad and cries for her Grandpa a ton.  Cutters remorse would not go over well.
     I also took her shopping and bought her some stuff that she has needed for awhile.  It is always such a privelege to spend one on one time with the kids.  It totally does not happen very often.  When I got home last night, Dill was already asleep, thanks to my cute Wazz.  She is the best babysitter ever.  Anyhow, I went in, and fell asleep almost immediately too.  I woke up in a panic, because Wams was at a youth dance, and I had not heard her come home.  Luckily, she was in her bed asleep, and Mo had crawled in bed beside me, and peed the bed.  So not happy about that information.  I got him cleaned up and straightened out too.  I got up early, and had to mail something, and we were out of bread and milk.  I left Rooshkie in charge of making pancakes and headed to the store.  I purchased some strawberries and things for Sags to have a birthday cake because we were too tired to make her one last night.  When I arrived at home, there were pancakes and syrup on pretty much every surface imaginable.  Wams was sitting staring at her yearbook, and Dill had been busy cracking and throwing raw eggs around.  Nice.  Needless to say, that I had people on the phone trying to educate me about this court stuff, and I was trying to clean up the horrendous mess that had happened when I stepped out of the house for thirty minutes....seriously people???  You are going to let Dill just crack eggs all over the floor???  How do people just sit as Dill breaks egg after egg???  Yeah, their Dad needs to come home and put them all to work doing something very difficult. 
     I understand that the kids have been feeling insecure since their main security has been removed from their life.  For that reason, I have been kind and understanding about any of them coming in and getting in bed with me whenever.  However, it has made for some pretty restless nights.  Chlo, is usually at my feet, and Mo, and Dill are always wedges on each side...sometimes Wazz is even in my bed.  Things got a little crowded for awhile, and then the bedroom fiasco happened.
     To explain the bedroom fiasco, then one must go back in time for about six months.  Rooshkie had asked Ryan if she can switch rooms.  She was tired of sharing a room with Jazzerz, and she wanted her own room.  Ryan explained to her, that Dilly was going to need to share with her very soon, but he did not care if she shared with Dilly instead.  Well, Rooshkie sprang into action and set up her bedroom with Dilly's little things.  Dill was still sleeping in with Ryan and I every night, and so her clothes and her toys were in there as well as a mattress for her bed.
     Anyhow, Jamie, was and has been furious about all of that for months now.  FURIOUS.  She couldn't figure out why Ryan would allow her to have her own room, when she was the oldest.  I explained to her over and over that she did not have her own room.  She just wouldn't let it go, and was mad for months and  months.  One day I came home, and Rooshkie explained to me that she would like to trade rooms again.  The room across the hall had a larger closet and she wanted to trade with the boys.  I told her no...it was enough that she had enjoyed some space to herself to a large degree.  Dilly had gotten into her stuff a number of times though, and wasn't completely just hers, but I knew that she should just be satisfied with what she had.  Anyhow, this conversation all took place, after Ryan's incarceration, but she just kept hounding me and hounding me to switch rooms.  I told her "no" repeatedly.  She explained that she wanted to change rooms, and she was willing to have little Dill sleep in her room with her sometime.  I agreed that we needed to try that.  Well, she took that one pharase as the go-ahead to change rooms.  I believe that I ran to the temple that day, but when I returned she had traded rooms with the boys, with no ones knowledge or consent.  I was furious with her.  Jamie was completely livid.  After that day, Jamie just could not hide her anger and disgust with her sister.
     Things went from bad to worse.  There was fighting and contention about this bedroom nonsense at all times.  Jamie was downright mean to Jerusha.  I finally told Jamie one day that IF she could be nice to Jerusha for a week, then she could have her own room.  Well, toward the end of the week, Jerusha and Jamie had  knock-down drag out fight over some school supplies that Jerusha needed for school.  Jamie was cruel and I revoked her right to her own room.  I finally broke down and told Ryan the whole story.  His solution was simple...make the two fighting people move in together.  He ordered it done immediately before any of them went and did anything else.  It has completely worked like a charm too....way less fighting, and everyone seems happy.  I am grateful that my kind, and wise husband is still calling the shots.  He is an incredible person. 
     One of the bad things that happened during the whole move though, was that the girls just came and dumped Dilly's clothes all over my floor.  No regard at all for the mess it left on my floor.  Well, Chlo got to the point that she preferred sleeping in the heap of clothes.  She loved to sleep on that, even though it diminished daily as I sorted through it all.  I cannot imagine wanting to sleep in a clothes heap, but Chlo is all about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment