Sunday, June 16, 2013

     Well, Happy Father's day!  I am grateful for my Dad and my husband.  The world is in need of great Dad's. 
     It has been a great weekend.  The kids had to go and register their steers at the livestock market on Saturday morning.  It was pretty crazy because they had to get there by 10, and Ryan's truck was completely torn apart.  I am still amazed at all of the things that he knows how to do.  Anyhow, he ran up to a parts store at like 7:30 am, came back and had his truck put back together by 9:30.  The truck was in many pieces too.  Anyhow, I tried to be helpful by getting him parts and such, but I don't know the first thing about putting brakes back together.  It looked quite complicated, but hey, he always somehow makes things come together.  This is one of the things I love about him.  He is great.
     Anyhow, Ryan has been most concerned about Diablo.  He is so crazy mean.  Sage is such a little thing and so Ryan has not let her in the pen with him.  He came at Ryan the other day and pinned him against the fence.  His arm was pretty beat up, but I told Sage that if he is too crazy to show, we will just eat him.  Prime black angus beef.  It'll be fine with me.  Anyhow, they got them all registered, and we just have to tame them down and fatten them up.  It will be good for the girls.  Already, they have learned a lot about tying knots, changing tires, and driving the truck around.  All in all, it has been so good for them to spend so much time with animals, and their dad.
    We went to Bunkerville today for Jaylee Logues blessing day.  I was so glad that Bailey and Josh invited us.  We have had three babies born on the Bundy side in the last few months and they are each so beautiful.  Shrsh was great!  Oscar was there for Chlo, and gave her some pop rocks.  I actually think all of the primary children got pop rocks today, and so when we went in to see the baby be blessed, there was a nice popping sound with all of the kids eating their pop rocks.  It was nice though because there was no bawling, screaming, or talking during the blessing.  I was able to hear it, and the kids were nice and quiet except for the small popping sounds.
     My kids were terrible in sacrament meeting though.  I had packed a small box of teddy grahams to keep Mo quiet.  All of the kids descended upon them like a pack of wolves.  They were literally all hovered around this small box of graham teddy bears while the nice speakers gave talks about their dad's.  I was pretty mortified.  Chlo also built another hut out of hymn books.  All of this has got to stop!  My older ones especially should know better than to misbehave in shrsh.  More lectures, and more threats are definitely coming their way. 
     We went to the Bunkerville park after the blessing, and it was hot and windy.  I was so glad to have the opportunity to hang out with family though.  Chlo and Prestlie again got in trouble because they wanted to hang out in the men's room all afternoon.  I kept having to send Oak in there after them.  I finally threatened Chlo with bodily harm and so she went and got two rice krispy treats and headed for the women's restroom.  I will never quite have her figured out.  Maybe it was cooler in there.  Anyhow, it was a splash park and I tried and tried to keep the kids out of the water, but Ryan finally told them to just go get in and cool off.  It was hot too.  I was kind of worried that we might have to deal with heat exhaustion again, and so I was glad they were able to cool off.  I just know how badly we always need Heavenly Father's help and so I try really hard to keep the commandments.  We truly need all of the help we can get.







     We also went and watched the fireworks for the summer games this week.  It was great!   We went to the soccer fields which put us pretty close, and there was hardly anyone there.  The kids ran around and around under the booms, and sparks in their pajama's.
     Most of the pictures above were at the park after the blessing.  One is of Chlo and Prestlie, one has got Mo attempting to put a smashed up cupcake on an unsuspecting, snoozing grandpa, and one is of Stetsy and cute little Lucy.  The ones at the bottom are of Jams, Sags, and Kaitlyn at the livestock auction this week, and I caught Jazzerz doing the above at dinner time.  What are you doing Jazz????Why use a funnel?
     I also would like to explain how a road trip usually goes while it is still fresh in my mind.  Moroni is a horrible traveler.  He cries, and squirms, and screams.  He has always been this way, and I almost dread going anywhere.  Going anywhere alone is almost out of the question.  Anyhow, we have Mo doing his thing, Chlo is usually bawling too for good measure, and then all of the kids get in temperature disputes about the heater or air conditioner.  Then someone is always hungry or thirsty and someone else needs to go to the bathroom.  Sage and Jerusha always try to sprawl out and take up a whole seat which also causes complaints and disputes.  Yep, travel is kinda rough.  When we got back into town, we went down to feed the steers and Chlo bawled and bawled for no apparent reason.  She finally stripped down and got playing around the hay and grain.  I almost spacily left without her.  Ryan mentioned that a nakey Chlo was playing amongst the grain.  It was a good thing he was paying attention.
     I got home this afternoon to a bathtub full of clothes.  I believe Mo emptied many of his clothes and mine into the tub while I was trying to get everyone ready for the blessing this morning. Nice, helpful Mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment