Thursday, June 13, 2013

     Yes!  Swimming lessons are finished and the kids did well!  Chlo even ventured off of the diving board.  I think SUU does wonders for my kids and their swimming skills.  Oak got to where he could swim about half-way across the pool on his own.  I am glad.  When the kids spend skads of time in the ditch in Riverside I want them to be good swimmers. 






     We have had a busy week with visiting teaching, swimming lessons, helping neighbors move etc.  On top of all of this Mo is cutting teeth and has been a bear.  He hasn't been sleeping well, and so I haven't been sleeping well.  I try not to resent the rough nights, because they do end, and hey, it is good one on one time that we don't often get during the day.  Anyhow, I have been sleepy though.  I spacily fell asleep yesterday right when the kids were wanting me to cook them lunch, but I just couldn't deal with it.  My body demanded sleep and I gave in.  Luckily Cute Sags made the kids some ramen noodles....nice little sags.
     Today Cliven came to town with a load of cattle to sell.  Jams and Sags were way excited because they like hanging out at the auction with their cousins and grandpa.  Cliven is a lot of fun.  Anyhow, I finally called to see what was going on in the late afternoon, and to ask him if I needed to come and get the kids.  He had Jamie, Sage, and Jazzerz.  He told me that they were too busy partying and he didn't want me to come and end it.  I laughed and laughed at that news.  I love Cliven.  Anyhow, he did finally bring them home, with ice cream cones for all.  He then went down and helped the girls whip their steers into shape.  Sage's steer needs a lot of work.  He gets all ticky and paws at the ground.  He tries to hook with his non-existant horns too.  Sage lovingly named him "Diablo."  He fits that name.  Jams named her steer "Fergus" and Rooshkie named hers "Leo."  My kids are so lucky to have a cowboy for a Grandpa.  Cliven B is one of a kind and that is for sure.

     Today I offered to take my friend Robin's kids for awhile because she just had a baby.  She brought them over, but then stayed and had a nice chat with me instead.  It was a great afternoon! Her baby is teeny and cuddly too. 
     This morning when the kids went to feed their steers, Farley McFeely dog got out and this was not great.  Our steers are right down the street from Canyon View Middle School and is the location of Soccer games.  This week is the "Utah Summer Games" and the whole state has descended upon the town.  Especially today because tonight is their opening ceremonies which is always an awesome show.  Anyhow, Farley got out and ran right out into the middle of a summer games soccer game.  The ref's had to call a time out while Sage went out to get the dog.  Jamie disappeared mysteriously.  Ha ha!  Poor Sags.  Farley can be quite the stinker.
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment