Sunday, June 30, 2013

     It has been an interesting Sunday to say the least.  I got up early to prepare a lesson for Oak's class.  I told his teacher I would fill in for her, and the lesson was on forgiveness.  I went over to check on something, stepping all over children strewn on the floor.  It has been quite hot, and the swamp cooler, in the humidity has not been working too well, and they thought their room was too hot to sleep in.  They tried to get as close to the swamp cooler as they could.  Anyhow, I was stepping over people and I stepped in pie that was smooshed by Chlo.  Not good.  I made chocolate cream pie for dessert, and Chlo must have had a slice late last night.  Anyhow, I wasn't happy with it dumping on the carpet.  When Chlo got up, she had pie smashed all over one side of her face.  How did she get comfortable sleeping in pie?  Not long after that I stepped into an ice cream cone that Mo had abandoned in front of my closet.  I guess it is time to have the carpets shampooed.  I thought Chlo had just gone to bed...why did she need a late night pie slice?
     We got up and got ready for church and Mo was just not cool with it.  He bawled, and threw tantrums, and was just crabby.  I couldn't seem to reason or comfort him.  I can tell that he was cutting teeth, but to get Moroni to take medicine is a huge deal.  He spits it out, gags, fights me.  Anyhow, I was so busy I just didn't need the medicine fight this morning.  Anyhow, Ryan finally took him and calmed him down.  He had just calmed down when he somehow got Ryan's deodorant and bit a huge chunk out of it.  That just caused another round of serious crying.  About that time, we couldn't find Chlo's other shoe and she stepped on one of Jamie's earring.  She yelled, "well that was awkward!"  We ended up taking her without shoes....again.
     Chlo and Mo were not good at Shrsh.  Mo was really wired.  He had cried all morning, and he had crazy pent up energy to unleash.  Chlo was acting like a Matador, and she was swishing a blanket, back and forth and round and round.  She then began bouncing on the bench like a crazy.  I finally stopped that insanity.  She then gathered all of the hymn books in the area. She seriously had a huge stack of them.  She would not let anyone have a book, and if someone took one she bawled.  I was very glad when Jerusha took one from her and ignored her bawling...jeez we cannot like nonsense like that take root.  She then went to sunbeams and fell asleep from all of her exhausting behavior.  This afternoon, she has been wandering around with a box on her head.
     Teaching Oak's class went ok I guess.  I was impressed that Oak was the only one in class that knew the whole story about Alma the younger...at least he was the only one brave enough to tell me about it.  He must be listening better than I think he is when we study the scriptures.  Anyhow,  he also kept interrupting the lesson with comments and noises.  One of his questions was, "Hey Mom, my boots are getting a little tight."  What does that have to do with forgiveness?  On a nicer note, I have caught Oak doing some very nice things lately.  Ryan, was mentioning all that he needed to do for the reunion, and Oak headed out and started trying to pack things for him.  He even told Ryan not to worry about it, that he would take care of it.  The other day, Mo took off down the sidewalk and ended up past McConnell's house.  I was following him, but Oak ran down, scooped him up, and held him tightly so that he wouldn't fall.  Mo was squirming like crazy too.  I could tell that it was all that Oak could do to hold onto him.  He was like, " I am not going to let go, no matter what!"  The other night too, Chlo fell asleep watching T.V. on my bed.  He scooped her up, and carried her to her bed, even though she is quite big for him to be packing around, and I could tell he was struggling.  Oak is a great kid.
     Well, this week is going to include all of the craziness of getting ready for the Bundy Reunion.  It will by crazy busy, and fun. Ryan claims that if we need a tent, we will be sleeping in the horse trailer...that ought to be interesting.   



     The one picture shows Mo flopping around in Jam's flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment