Sunday, June 23, 2013

     Well, I got up early this morning to prepare a lesson for shrsh.  The whole time I was preparing it, I felt like it was the wrong lesson, but it was so early I couldn't call anyone or do anything about it.  Sure enough...I had planned the same lesson that they had been given last week.  Anyhow, I scrambled and found a lesson book, and the lesson went really well actually.  It just always works that if I am doing the Lord's work, He helps me out.  I enjoyed teaching Sager's class today.
     We have had a great weekend.  I am really getting tired of this hot, dry weather though.  The wind is constantly blowing too, and I feel like we need to unite as a community and start praying for rain, and pay our tithing, and keep the Sabbath day holy...whatever it takes to get some rain.  Things are getting pretty dry and miserable,  I am starting to get nervous.  Last summer started out like this, and our Stake went on a fast.  We got rain just about every afternoon for the rest of the summer.  The farmers with hay weren't too happy, but hey, we might need to combine our faith again.
     Yesterday, we went to pick up the kids from their slumber party....(yes, I broke our rule for sleepovers, just this once!)  The girls had a great time, and Meisyn did too.  Rooshkie took good care of her, carrying her around, and helping her get settled at bedtime.  The Roelandt's had their place completely decked out in princess, purple sparkly, decorations.  The girls said she had great fun.  I guess she is headed for Disneyland this week.  It is such a sad situation, and yet, it has been good for the girls to serve her.  I am glad her family is letting her spend some time with friends too.
     Ryan had an Elder's Quorum party last night at the park and it was nice.  Moroni was a complete maniac though.  Everyone else's kids were sitting nicely in strollers, but Mo was scattered from heck to breakfast.  He was in the river, on the slide, falling off the stairs, and on the tables.  He also kept invading some other people who were having a barbecue there.  He got in the river and then got cold.  I sent Jams to the car for a dry diaper and clothes.  She came back with a dry diaper, and a pillowcase. I am not sure what she expected me to do with the pillowcase, but I was appalled that I had nothing to put on him.  Jams has been keeping the car too tidy.  Anyhow, luckily Mindy Templin had an extra set of clothes for Mo.  Ryan sat with some of the other men and talked about deer hunting adventures, and recoil pads and such.  I was pretty busy monitoring Mo, and Chlo.  Chlo ended up looking like a drowned rat too.  All in all, a good time.
     Shrsh (church) was very good today.  The Stake President came and spoke about forgiveness.  It was a great talk, and one that I probably needed to hear.  Moroni was surprisingly good today too.  He would take a story, and look at the picture, and jabber really fast and loud.  He was excited about the stories.  Chlo just leaned into Ryan most of the meeting and we were able to listen for once.  Rooshie then went with Mo to the nursery.  Technically he isn't supposed to be in there yet, but he is a crazy man in class. 
     Chlo has been dressing herself lately and hasn't been doing the best job at it.  She likes to mix clothes with pajama's and she adds a little bit of older women's clothing in.  After church she put on pajama pants, a pink shirt on backwards, and high heels.  I am glad she doesn't care yet though.  I am tired of the clothing wars around here.
     Ebay has become a venue for Ryan to live out his second childhood.  We have been receiving big Tonka tractors, toy tool sets for Oak, and weapons.  This week we got throwing knives, and a blow-dart gun.  The kids played with that blow-dart gun all weekend.  They drew targets and got really accurate.  They even took it to the Elder's Quorum party and it was a big hit.  Luckily, we have only had one minor accident with them so far.  The kids have been treating it just like a rifle, and this has been good.



     I have included some more pictures of our St.George trip. Chlo and Mo kept removing the rock that was holding down some newspapers.  They were very intent upon having this rock.  Cute Julia went and found a rock that was similar and Chlo was delighted with it.  She has it currently got it in her room, lovingly placed in a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment