Tuesday, March 19, 2013

     Today was Stake Conference and Ryan had to be on the stand because he sang in the choir.  He sang a solo part too and did an awesome job.  The only problem with all of that is I had no other help with the two hour wrestling match of conference.  I tried to be prepared by packing a bunch of file folder games and puzzles, but even my older kids got restless.  What few snatches of talks I heard were excellent though and Ryan's solo was incredible.  We survived it and got out early.  We decided to have our second annual pinto springs outing.  It was great fun.



     Pinto springs has a little stream that is full of crawdads and fish.  The kids love to get in the water and catch the crawdad's and roast them on the fire.  They are kind of like mini-lobsters.  I clearly remember one day when Jamie was little she came in to tell me that her Dad had put a big bug in the sink.  I though she was just blabbing about nothing until I went to wash my hands and met up with a huge crawdad.  They do look like big bugs and Ryan likes to eat them along with the rest of the kids.  Anyhow the kids had tons of fun catching and roasting their crawdads.  Oak tried to chase down a cottontail to eat too, but it was too fast for him. 
 
 
     Ryan cooked us t-bones and crawdads and he caught a fish and threw it on. Oak was disappointed that we didn't cook a rabbit, but hey, we need to leave some animals in the forest.  It was great, but when all was said and done, Chlo left hungry because all she would eat was some cobbler batter.  She also kept removing her shoes and bawling.  I will never get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment