Saturday, March 16, 2013

     Well, it has been a few days because all of my little ones caught Jasmine's virus.  It has been pretty rough.  Moroni was up with it for two nights in a row and Oak and Chloee were pretty restless too.  Thank goodness Ryan took care of the older ones so that I could take care of Moroni because he was pretty high maintenance.  I also got a call that the puppy Ryan had brought home from the ranch possibly had rabies which made for another interesting problem.  He needed to be quarantined for 10 days.  Wow...strep throat germs all over the house and now rabies germs all over the yard.  I felt quite contaminated.
     One of the nights Moroni was a real challenge.  He would kick and scream for twenty minutes and then he would finally calm down and go back to sleep.  I would try to nurse him but he would bite me and in those dark hours (I am really irrational in the dark hours of night) I was sure he had rabies too.  The only thing that worked was wrapping him really tight in a blanket and singing Taylor Swift's "Mean" (why?) while I rocked him really fast in the rocking chair.  Yeah, he acted bright and cheery the next morning because his fever finally broke and he must have felt much better. He was back to stuffing potato peelings in the dishwasher and building mounds out of brown sugar with Chlo. I felt like an insane person for even thinking such thoughts in the night, but he was really acting strange.  Thank goodness we are through the worst of it.
     Oak was having fever dreams too because he had nightmares about a crane picking up our house and throwing it.  He also woke up crying because he claimed that Ryan had been yelling at him, but Ryan was actually trying to get Chlo back to sleep at the time.  He was quite delirious, but out of the nightmares has come an obsession with cranes.  He wants to spend some time with his Dad checking out all of the different types of cranes and their capabilities.  He was also asking to see a hedgehog today.  I am pretty sure that isn't going to happen.
     My parents came over with dinner yesterday and that was a real blessing.  Between doctoring kids and running Jamie and Sage all over tarnation I really felt like I was in way over my head.  Dinner would have been a real challenge last night and I was very grateful for their thoughtfulness.

Chlo sleeping on my step aerobics step while she was sick and Chlo feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment