Monday, March 11, 2013

     Well, we have had a day!  This morning was kinda rough because Jasmine is still really sick and I am pretty sure she has strep throat.  My doctoring of her led us to run late for school.  I ended up putting out some raw oatmeal with apples and brown sugar and Chlo really loved it.  I think it was because Ryan turned his head when she added the brown sugar....it was pretty sludge-y looking.  She went in to get dressed and came out with a pair of ear-muffs on.  Yep...underwear and a pair of ear-muffs.  Please remove from your brain any thoughts of her wearing the ear-muffs in a normal fashion.  They were wrapped around her waist.  This was her idea of getting dressed.
     She came in a little while later wanting a peanut butter sandwich and I was hesitant to make it because so often she begs and begs for one and then it sits there and sits there all day.  At the time I was getting ready to put Moroni down for his morning nap and so I promised her that if she still wanted one when he fell asleep, I would make her one.  I was rocking little Moroni and reading.  I was really enjoying the moment because it is the only time that Moroni is still enough to hold.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chloee sneak something off of the table and rush down the hall.  It is a good thing I was on to her because she was planning on eating a jumbo-sized bag of brown sugar.  She bawled and bawled when I took it away and just could not figure out why I wouldn't let her have it.  At that point I made her a peanut butter sandwich and all was right with the world for a moment.
     Grandma and Grandpa H spoiled the kids today with a bunch of treats and Mo really liked the peeps.  I must admit that peeps give me feelings of guilt because they are sugar dipped in colored sugar.  He shredded his up and stuck it various places around the house.  The peep that gave me the most frowns was the one streaked down the hall carpet.  I am going to have to use a scrub brush on that one.
     We are enjoying a little streak of good weather and so Sage walked some of the kids down to the park.  Oak claimed that he made a new friend, but could not remember his name and Chlo came in and took all of her clothes off and began bawling.  I couldn't quite figure out why.  Why cry when you have just had a good time at the park?

Notice the ear muffs.  and the brown sugar bag.
Mo Man and his peep.

No comments:

Post a Comment