Sunday, April 21, 2013

     In spite of my best efforts today I ended up looking like a Sheena.  I just didn't feel like myself when all was said and done.  I just went to church feeling Sheena-ish and I must admit that church was nothing short of excellent today.  The high-councilman had the spirit with him and I learned a lot.  He gave an excellent talk on Moses, and I had the opportunity to think of some aspects of the story of Moses that I had never considered before.  It made church great for me.
     We decided to stay home and deep clean some different areas of the home this weekend.  It was a great thing to do.  We also had the opportunity to visit with Doug and Larissa.  I got to hold my little nephew Tommy for the first time and he is really cute and wriggly!  The kids took turns holding him and enjoyed every minute of it.  Lyvia and Chlo played really well together too, and Doug had to take her kicking and screaming when it was finally time for them to leave.
     Chlo has been on one this weekend.  She created this nice dirt filled brick and lovingly placed it on the seat of the van.  I am not sure what she was thinking, but you can see that this was all done with care.  See how she nicely sprinkled the dirt on and around the brick just so.  I am so glad that Chlo is making good use of her time.

     To get the kids ready for church I stuck Oak, Chlo, and Mo in a nice warm bath together.  They stayed in there for a good hour or so, adding more hot water as needed.  By the time they were done there was no hot water for anyone else.  Chlo wandered around bawling until Jazzerz helped her get a dress on.  She then came in to get her hair fixed.  I asked her how she wanted her hair fixed and she said that she wanted to look like a lion.  I bent down and asked her again because I thought I had not heard her right.  Yep, she just wanted her hair done like a lion.???.  I finally just put her hair in ponytails (being that this is about the only hairstyle I can do with her current DIY haircut) and she seemed satisfied with this.  She then bawled around about shoes until it was time to go.  I was scrambling doing everyone else's hair and helping Oak with his tie etc.  When we finally got to the church I told everyone to look around the van for Chlo's shoes.  I finally just decided that she was just going to take them off as soon as we got in there so we just went in without them.  About half-way through the meeting I was mortified to see that she had painted her feet brown.  I figured she had done this because she couldn't find her shoes.  I asked Jamie about it and she explained that she had painted them while playing with Lyvia.  I shot off a quit text to Doug telling him to check Lyvia's feet and then I got contemplating what to do about the situation.  I really didn't want to send her to primary with her painted-on shoes.  Obviously this paint was going to need some major scrubbing as it had out-lasted her lengthy bath.  With Mo in hand we went out to the van between meetings in hopes of finding some shoes to cover Chlo's home-made jobbies.
     When Mo and I got to the car, our mission was to find Chlo some shoes, and find Oak something to eat. He had been head-butting me all through the meeting asking for something to eat.  We found Chlo's shoes and a bag of onions.  I decided Oak would just have to hope for some treats in primary.  He would have eaten the onions if I would have to taken them in, but then his smell would have been quite offensive.  I sent Chlo to primary looking like she was a normal gal with shoes.  After church I asked her why she had painted her feet.  She explained that she had stolen Jamie's craft paint, squirted it on the lawn, and then just walked around in it....makes sense.  Luckily Lyvia had not participated in Chlo's feet painting activities.
     After church Moroni got really into the scalloped potatoes.  Ryan took one look at him and asked if someone had hit him with a pan of taters.  It looked like someone had.

No comments:

Post a Comment