Sunday, April 14, 2013

     Well, we got the African report finished and turned in.  Wahoo!  Jazz did it all on her own too.  She kept asking me to come and help her and I was planning on helping her as soon as dinner was done, but by the time I got around to assisting with the grass and animals she was finished.  I was quite impressed that she found all of the animals.  Except for a few missing monkeys, the animals were gathered and glued in various places around the box.  It was displayed by a proud Jazz on the kitchen table.  I was sitting in my favorite chair rocking my little Mo-ster when I looked up to see Chlo, busy painting yellow all over Jazzerz blue African sky.  I hollered at Jazz to come and save her report.  Luckily, Jazz is low-key enough that she just shrugged it off.  She then decided to add some facts about African animals.  I chuckled when I saw that she had done a section on "Loins."  Loins are indeed fierce animals.
 
 
 
Ryan went out and watched her present her report and I was glad that he got to be there.  Great work and way to be Jazz!
 
     On Fridee Ryan called and asked "So are you ready to leave yet?"  I was like "huh?"  I was doing dishes and folding clothes and chasing Mo.  He explained that his Dad had called and encouraged us to come to the Clark County Fair to watch Arden show his steer.  My girls are wanting to show steers and I have had no experience and have no clue what to do.  I am sure Cliven knows this.  He decided we needed to be there.  Ryan wanted to leave right away, so I began throwing clothes and diapers in bags.  A few hours later we arrived at the fair and I was way impressed with Arden and how well he handled his steer.  A week ago it was still trying to murder him whenever he tried to work with it.  It just docilely followed him around the ring like a puppy dog and he won second place in showmanship for it.  Good job Ardeeno!  The fair theives were wanting $4 a ride for the amusement park and so we let all of the kids pick one ride and go on it.  Jamie and Arden rode the zipper, Chlo rode a dumb ride that just went around and around, Oak rode the roller coaster, and Sags, Rooshkie, and Jazz rode the ferris wheel.
     We then went to the animal displays and had a great time seeing all of the different chickens, baby goats, and pigs.  Oak kept getting the turkey to gobble loudly at him and he was quite thrilled.
     The next day we were planning on working bulls that had been brought in off of the range.  We needed to vaccinate them, brand them, and tip their horns so that they cannot gore other cattle and cowboys.  We had WWIII erupt because the kids all wanted to go back to the fair.  We finally consented to let the older kids go back down with Grandma, and I kept the little ones at the ranch so that I could help Ryan with the bulls.  Well, Ryan got fixing up the squeeze chute and so we never did get around to branding bulls.  Mel's girls came down to play and I was so glad because my kids had a great time with them.
     Chloee and Prestlie are the same age and they love playing together.  I did catch them scattering someones make-up and when I asked what they were doing they acted clueless as to who had been into the make-up.  I knew they had been into it and they apologized.  I noticed later that they had painted their stomach's and chest's with blush and cover-up.  They had previously been swimming in the ditch and had nothing but underwear on at that point.  I guess they felt like "covering up"  a little bit.
     They also got in trouble when they tried to hide the fact that they were in to Grandma's snacks.  I had told them they could only have one.  They tried to pile toys in front of the door so that I couldn't get into the house and see that they had helped themselves to another round of fruit snacks.  Little do they know that I was more than strong enough to shove the toys out of the way and enter anyway.  Chlo got disciplined over that one.  I had to chuckle when they weren't looking.  Make-up chest, fruit snack stealing, little Chlo.
     Oak has been acting interesting since he got back from the ranch.  I think all of his cowboying time with his Dad has started to go to his head.  He put on a blanket, tied it around his neck and instructed Chloee to "bow to the king."  Unfortunately she felt that she was too busy looking at a storybook at the time.  He has also been lifting the couch up and grunting loudly.  I get it that the couch was a big object to conquer, but why the loud grunts?  He has also been running swiftly back and forth, back and forth, all over the house.  He feels that this will give him the edge he needs to win the Bundy races.  Well, I hope it works.  He usually ends up waking up Mo from all of his loud grunts and stomps.
     The other day I caught Chlo eating a packet of "Carnation Instant Breakfast"  she ate it dry and then demanded a cup of milk.  I think she needs to realize that usually people just mix the two and are done in one easy step.  I still cannot figure out what she is thinking.
Above: Sage and Gracie at the fair
Sage and Whitley at the fair

No comments:

Post a Comment