Friday, April 26, 2013

     The week has flown by in a blur.  I have definitely felt blessed this week.  I am grateful that Heavenly Father helps me.  I truly believe that when you are doing the Lord's work, you are entitled to his blessings and although things are hard sometimes, he always helps me.
     Ryan has been good to get the kids working this week.  He took the six older ones with him on Wednesday night to help him pull concrete forms off of a wall that he poured.  With all of our gadgets to help make life easier it is really hard to teach kids how to work.  I am glad my husband gets them working because I think work is a good help against depression.  Anyhow, Chlo came home looking black, but he said they all worked hard and had a great time. 
     Speaking of little Chlo, she had quite the shock the other day when she discovered a can of coke.  We don't buy pop very often and so my kids are unaware of what happens to one when it is shaken up.  Well, she dinked around with it and was prodding a stick at it, and was about to bury it in the garden when it exploded spraying her and Oak with mud and coke.  She bawled and bawled and was wailing that it was going in her mouth.  I just laughed and stuck her and Oak in the bathtub.  I only regret that I didn't get pictures. 
     Yesterday Oak went and helped Ryan on a concrete pour, and Chlo was a little out of sorts.  As much as they fight, he keeps her busy and happy for the most part.  She and Jerusha kept accidentally spilling stuff.  Jerusha dumped milk, then she dumped cereal, then she dumped milk again.  Chlo then dumped her cereal with milk.  At this point I shrieked.  Chlo had done nothing to clean up her mess besides placing a wash rag on it, and frankly Jerusha hadn't done much to clean her messes up either.  I figure that we bought a jumbo box of cereal and a gallon of milk just so we could dump it on the kitchen floor.  Anyhow, I shouldn't complain too much, it all gets cleaned up in the end.  After the cereal and milk dumps, someone dumped and smashed corn chips all over the floor.  By then I had no more happy energy left to clean any more messes.  I knew if I started in on it I would just shriek some more and so I went to bed where Ryan was watching a documentary on "armored cars."  Not a point of great interest for me, but a diversion nonetheless.
     This morning I was getting somewhat annoyed with Oak, who was scooting his chair to and fro.  He wouldn't get up to get anything, he would roll over, smashing the corn chip mess in the process.  I finally asked what he was doing, and he explained that the floor was too messy for him to walk on.  He had to roll around instead.  That gave me the motivation to clean it all up.  We are talking about a kid that doesn't usually wear shoes to tromp around in his grandpa's corrals so I guess it was pretty bad.  I am glad it is fit for Oak once again.
     My mom and dad stopped by today and they brought the kids some krabby patties.  It was great because Mo kept chomping them up and spitting them back out on grandpa's lap.  He wasn't too thrilled about this.  Speaking of little Moroni, he has found a lovely spot to play and it is under the barbecue grill in the backyard.  He goes under there with a broken fly swatter and sings and plays.  He loves it! 


   Ryan has been working on the pantry shelves and has boards strewn all over.  The kids made a really great teeter totter out of his materials.  Sorry, but it doesn't look too fun.  The bottom picture is Mo man and his creamy...yep they're dreamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment