Thursday, April 18, 2013

     Today has been one of those cold spring days.  Moroni struggles when he can't play outside.  Chlo has not helped out in this situation because every time he got happy enough to play for a second she would head-butt him, or squeeze him, or do something to tick him off.  He has been on my hip most of the day because of this.  I am grateful that I get to be at home and can deal with my chores with my kids.  This is a great blessing.  To support a wife,  with seven kids is a big task and I am so grateful that Ryan takes care of us without complaint.  I love that guy.
     Speaking of Ryan, he is unlike other dad's in so many ways.  Rooshkie came home to tell us that she has the opportunity to dissect a fish tomorrow.  She was excited about this, but she has gutted many fish with her Dad, and she has assisted him in butchering cows, and sheep etc.  What she couldn't figure out was why they were not going to cook the fish after the dissection lesson.  She asked the teacher how these fish were going to be cooked.  She was quite disturbed when her teacher told her that they weren't going to eat the fish.  Ryan told Rooshkie to try to gather the dissected fish and bring them home to eat.  This doesn't excite me a whole lot because I don't care much for seafood.  It also seems to me that my dissected specimens from former school days had an unpleasant string bean type odor.  I don't care to cook or prepare formaldehyde fish.  This could get interesting tomorrow.  We shall see how it goes when Rooshkie demands the fish.
     Oak's couch moving is getting out of hand.  Today he moved the couches so that they met in the center of the room.  This made it so that no one could sit anywhere and it was pretty impossible to utilize the living room at all.  And this all for the sake of building up Croakster's muscles.  Being that Mo was on my hip most of the day, I did not get them moved back until this evening.  We also had to run some business errands and he decided in the car that it was an opportune time to be a rooster.  It was indeed loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment